Transpac vs. Reefrider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a TransPac/Rec wing last fall to replace my jacket BC and not looking back. Solid rig that looks like it will last a lifetime. It took a couple of dives to get the weight pockets in the right spots so my balance was right. I really like the open feel in the front/sides.

I finally decided on a BCD - I checked out an LDS that had some Zeagle Rangers and Stilettos (I happened to be across state), and I liked the fit and features. Remembering all the good y'all spoke of Scubatoys and the Brigade, I decided to dive in, pun intended :05:

I placed my order to get everything for a dive this weekend (my AOW dives), sized myself, called and ordered. When I received the BCD, I was not sure of the fit. I called Scubatoys and they were great in walking me through adjusting my new BCD, but we determined that I needed a mixed size - Large Shoulders and Medium Waist. They overnighted me a replacement and now I am ready to go.

Awesome customer service!

BTW, I just dove my first wreck (90') and a drift dive with decent currents - great time (despite the 3-5 foot seas, oy, but someone introduced me to ginger chewing gum to cope because dramamine just did not prepare me for this). The gear worked great, trimmed nicely, allowed me clip on all my other toys ;-))

Thanks All.

I was looking at both Aeris BCs that you mention. The decision was easy for me. I'm a travelling diver and weight restrictions on airlines are getting tighter all the time. I picked up the Atmos and thought wow did someone leave weights in the pockets or what? I picked up the Reefrider and thought, this will pack well. The Atmos is a really good vest, It just depends on your intended use.

I'm also a back inflation kind of girl and the Atmos XT is one of the new hybrids. Mostly the air is on the back with a little balance air around the hips. Still a nice setup.

When I was first getting in to the "techy' side of diving I looked at Zeegle, Diverite, and OMS (had not found the BP/Wing set up yet) I dove all 3 and was sold on the transpac. dove it for about a year.

buy the transpac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom