TrashFest '08 - Oct 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOP DOING IT ON THE TX-OU SATURDAY! Maybe here would be a great place to do a survey seeing if it would be more successful to do on a Saturday or Sunday, instead of feeding me the same line-o-crap every time you spam my inbox 6 months ahead of time!

It's not on Texas-OU Saturday. According to the first post, Trash Fest is Oct. 4, and Texas-OU Saturday is the following weekend, Oct. 11. Texas' homecoming is Oct. 4 against Colorado. Just an FYI...

I googled on "bull head" and "bulls head" under Images and there are some neat logos there. Maybe take one, color it all red, then apply a white diagonal stripe across it.

Sponsors are really outdoing themselves this year! Take a look at these amazing door prizes! If you haven't already signed up your team, visit the TrashFest website and do so today! Discounted pre-registration ends September 26, 2008. :)

• 7 nights/8 days at Laguna Beach Resort in Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras, 3 meals daily, 3 boat dives daily, 2 night boat dives, unlimited shore dives, and R/T transfers (Utila Tours, Inc)
  • 8 Guadalupe River raft trips for four and 6 Guadalupe toob trips for one. (Rockin R River Rides)
  • Tusa X-Pert Back Bouyancy BC, Tusa 520 Regulator, Naui Advanced Class w/ packet, Naui Nitrox Class w/ packet, gift basket full of goodies! (Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • 3 pairs of XS Scuba Fusion 2 Gauge Reader Masks, 8 Aqualung Impulse 2 snorkels, and 7 pairs of Technisub Kea Masks (Scuba Brothers)
  • 1 week stay at Plantation Beach Resort in Honduras (Plantation Beach Resort)
  • Buy One Get One Free All-Day Adventure passes and gift basket full of goodies (Downtown Aquarium)
  • Two gift certificates for 50% off the MSRP of any one item (including computers and regulators!) (CrazyScuba.com)
  • 10 gift certificates for a 1-night stay for 4 (Maricopa Riverside Lodge)
  • U/W camera, flip flops, picture frame, and noise maker (Sea Sports Scuba)
  • Four 20x30 underwater prints (Justin Branam)
  • 4-days/3-nights in an Ocean View room, 2 days of boat diving (Casa del Mar Cozumel / Del Mar Aquatics)
  • 3-days of 2-tank dives in Cozumel, marine park fees/taxes, equipment rental (Blue XT-Sea Diving)
  • 30 passes for diving for 2 (288 Lake)
  • 60 movie passes (Alamo Drafthouse)
  • Flower Gardens trip voucher (Spree Expeditions)
  • Backpack, travel mug, 300 window decals (Diver Alert Network)
  • 2-days of 3-tank dives for 2 in Cozumel (Emerald Dolphin Dive Service / Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • 2-days of 2-tank dives for 2 in Cozumel (Sea Robin Diving / Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • "Marine Life" DVD's (Azure Computer & Photography)
  • Alt-Air Octopus, Laguna RS/Black Mask, Weight Bag, and Sedona Dry/Black Snorkel (XS Scuba/Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • T-shirts, baseball caps, U-352 DVD, stickers, patches (Olympus Dive Center)
  • Absolutely Clear No Fog (Jolly Roger Products, Inc.)
  • Hats, polos, t-shirts, flip flops (Aggressor Fleet)
  • Texas Clipper trip voucher (American Diving)
  • Club memberships (HUC)
  • 1-night stay (Texas SunCatcher Bed and Breakfast)
  • Guadalupe River raft trip for 4 (Rio Raft & Resort)
  • Copies of Steve Gerrard's "The Cenotes of the Riviera Maya" (Steve Gerrard)
  • Club memberships, t-shirts, stickers, and tattoos (CHUM)
  • Gift certificate for dinner for 4 (Gristmill River Restaurant)
  • Autographed copy of Shadow Divers and Titanic's Last Secrets (John Chatterton)
  • "Diving Deep Space" poster autographed by Wes Skiles (DiveRite)
  • One $25 gift card and two $20 gift cards (Academy Sports + Outdoors)
  • Autographed copy of Sea Salt and Blue Water DVD (Stan Waterman)
  • Gift certificate (Huisache Grill)
  • Gift certificate for 2 Gruene Hall t-shirts (Cotton Eyed Joe's)
  • Tickets (Houston Aeros)

And of course we can't forgot the beer donation by Wright Distributing, and the cash donations provided by Project Aware, the New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce, the Texas State Aquarium, the Gruene Mansion, Rockin R River Rides, Wurstfest, and FINZ Dallas Dive Group.:D

Remember, sign up your team today!
:cool:

Our team is finally complete , Ill be registering us as a whole on the first of September so we save money, either catch me at the Feast and give me your share or bring it the day of. Either way I think we have a kick butt chance of coming home with some good stuff.

And officially our team is as follows

LMWB - Silt Sifter
Kvalve - Watergod
Nathan - LMs lessor half
Matt - "Frank"
Melissa - I dont have a nickname for
Nadmat- Other Matt
Scubashawn - Solo
Ms Klantz - hmmm need a nickname for you to

So what should we name ourselves as a whole? That way when the losers complain about how awesome we are they can just name the entity...

PM me where you want me to meet the team the morning of October 4th, anyone spending the night?

Shawn

Just a couple of quick notes folks,

The special discounted TrashFest rate at Rodeway Inn is only for those who make their reservations by September 15th. Please call 830-629-6991and ask specifically for Ashley (she doesn't work on weekends, btw).

It's a great rate, so it would be a shame to miss out on it. For full details, and other lodging options please go to Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive Clubs

Also, if you pre-register your TF team and get your payment in by Sep 26th, you can save a little moohlah too.
Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive Clubs

And finally, the door prizes & donations now total OVER $21,000!
Who wants a piece of that?!
:cool2:

SB

The Bullheads are registered and paid for, we got the discount , team was 40 bucks. I just had to figure out how to use paypal.

As far as where our group is meeting, well Im not sure, we will probably camp out the night before. Ill let the team decide that, or if anyone else plans on camping let me know.

I will be down there Friday evening but not camping. If you want I can PM you with my number, that way you can call me Sat. morning and let me know where everyone is hanging out and meeting up..

We're looking for a few good people for our team for the cleanup. We've got a couple of veterans and would like to do this thing right, make a run for top honors and make some new scuba buddies. Any interested parties?

We're looking for a few good people for our team for the cleanup. We've got a couple of veterans and would like to do this thing right, make a run for top honors and make some new scuba buddies. Any interested parties?

Hey bum are you bring Leslie with you.....we have a loosely base team here TrashFest '08-Comal River cleanup - Page 3 - Scuba Forum - Scuba Diving Forums and Discussion Board so we may hook up with you if our team falls apart....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom