TrashFest '08 - Oct 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

last call for teams who want to pre-register. The pre-registration deadline is this Friday.

Teams and individuals can still register at full price on the day of the event - Oct 4th. Gonna be a great year. Hope to see you there!

Hey Ann -
No, Leslie is doing the invitro thing next Tuesday so she's staying put at home. We've got three people - how about you guys? Maybe a merger would work out.
Take care, Mark

Hey Mark-
Blessings and prayers for the "invitro thing next Tuesday"... (so eloquent, you are! :)
The Foos are on a ScubaSteve's team again, this year. So I guess if we don't run in to you at registration or weigh-in, we'll catch up at the BBQ! Yall look for us... we'll be the ones accepting the Super Scooper T-shirts, I'm sure...

Leslie is doing the invitro thing next Tuesday

We're keeping our fingers crossed and sending good vibes to y'all.

My wife and I just got done with a successful round of Invitro.
We're at week 8 weeks, with twins.

If you have any questions or need any info, please feel free to pm me. It's a crazy crazy process and can be confusing with all the little details.

-Jason

Thanks for the best wishes & congrats Jason. We did this back in April and it was pretty much a month-long farce (false positives). So at least this time we're in a more relaxed state of mind, just see what happens.

Foo, I could think of some more colorful ways of putting the matter, but I've already hijacked the thread enough. If you guys have any spares, we'll take 'em on the Tejano Scuba team. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys & Ann's group next weekend.

Hey Foo, be sure to stop by and say hi on the 4th. (I'll be the one running around like my head's cut off :D).

Looking forward to seeing everyone in NB! We're on track to have a fantastic TrashFest. :cool2:

Ok, if you're still on the fence about whether or not to participate in TrashFest 2008, maybe this will convince you. To date, sponsors have donated more than $27,000 worth of door prizes!

• 7 nights/8 days at Laguna Beach Resort in Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras, 3 meals daily, 3 boat dives daily, 2 night boat dives, unlimited shore dives, and R/T transfers (Utila Tours, Inc)
  • 8 Guadalupe River raft trips for four and 6 Guadalupe toob trips for one. (Rockin R River Rides)
  • Tusa X-Pert Back Bouyancy BC, Tusa 520 Regulator, Naui Advanced Class w/ packet, Naui Nitrox Class w/ packet, gift basket full of goodies! (Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • 3 pairs of XS Scuba Fusion 2 Gauge Reader Masks, 8 Aqualung Impulse 2 snorkels, and 7 pairs of Technisub Kea Masks (Scuba Brothers)
  • 1 week stay at Plantation Beach Resort in Honduras (Plantation Beach Resort)
  • Buy One Get One Free All-Day Adventure passes and gift basket full of goodies (Downtown Aquarium)
  • Two gift certificates for 50% off the MSRP of any one item (including computers and regulators!) (CrazyScuba.com)
  • 10 gift certificates for a 1-night stay for 4 (Maricopa Riverside Lodge)
  • U/W camera, flip flops, picture frame, and noise maker (Sea Sports Scuba)
  • Four 20x30 underwater prints (Justin Branam)
  • 4-days/3-nights in an Ocean View room, 2 days of boat diving (Casa del Mar Cozumel / Del Mar Aquatics)
  • 3-days of 2-tank dives in Cozumel, marine park fees/taxes, equipment rental (Blue XT-Sea Diving)
  • 30 passes for diving for 2 (288 Lake)
  • 60 movie passes (Alamo Draft House)
  • Flower Gardens trip voucher (Spree Expeditions)
  • Backpack, travel mug, 300 window decals (Diver Alert Network)
  • 2-days of 3-tank dives for 2 in Cozumel (Emerald Dolphin Dive Service / Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • 2-days of 2-tank dives for 2 in Cozumel (Sea Robin Diving / Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • "Marine Life" DVD's (Azure Computer & Photography)
  • Alt-Air Octopus, Laguna RS/Black Mask, Weight Bag, and Sedona Dry/Black Snorkel (XS Scuba/Kickady Scuba Adventures)
  • T-shirts, baseball caps, U-352 DVD, stickers, patches (Olympus Dive Center)
  • Absolutely Clear No Fog (Jolly Roger Products, Inc.)
  • Hats, polos, t-shirts, flip flops (Aggressor Fleet)
  • Texas Clipper trip voucher (American Diving)
  • Club memberships (HUC)
  • 1-night stay (Texas SunCatcher Bed and Breakfast)
  • Guadalupe River raft trip for 4 (Rio Raft & Resort)
  • Copies of Steve Gerrard's "The Cenotes of the Riviera Maya" (Steve Gerrard)
  • Club memberships, t-shirts, stickers, and tattoos (CHUM)
  • Free membership, ShoeKrewe T-Shirt, 2 lockblade knives (ShoeKrewe Dive Club)
  • Gift certificate for dinner for 4 (Gristmill River Restaurant)
  • Autographed copy of Shadow Divers and Titanic's Last Secrets (John Chatterton)
  • "Diving Deep Space" poster autographed by Wes Skiles (DiveRite)
  • Two $20 Gift Cards (Academy Sports + Outdoors)
  • Astros summer tour tee, travel mug, card autographed by Chris Sampson, card autographed by Michael Bourn
  • Autographed copy of Sea Salt and Blue Water DVD (Stan Waterman)
  • Gift certificate (Huisache Grill)
  • Gift certificate for 2 Gruene Hall t-shirts (Cotton Eyed Joe's)
  • Tickets (Houston Aeros)
  • Autographed pennant from joaquin benoit #53 (Texas Rangers)
And this doesn't include the cash and other items donated like free beer, fairground rental, dumpster, air fills, and volunteer time! Did I mention the free beer?

I can GUARANTEE everyone will get something!! So come out and join the fun!
:D

Thanks for the best wishes & congrats Jason. We did this back in April and it was pretty much a month-long farce (false positives). So at least this time we're in a more relaxed state of mind, just see what happens.

Foo, I could think of some more colorful ways of putting the matter, but I've already hijacked the thread enough. If you guys have any spares, we'll take 'em on the Tejano Scuba team. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys & Ann's group next weekend.

Mark... my plans have changed...we have company coming in this weekend....so we can't make it.....keeping my fingers crossed for you and Leslie:wink:

There are some on the scubatoys forum looking to get a group together TrashFest '08-Comal River cleanup - Page 7 - Scuba Forum - Scuba Diving Forums and Discussion Board

Our team is finally complete , Ill be registering us as a whole on the first of September so we save money, either catch me at the Feast and give me your share or bring it the day of. Either way I think we have a kick butt chance of coming home with some good stuff.

And officially our team is as follows

LMWB - Silt Sifter
Kvalve - Watergod
Nathan - LMs lessor half
Matt - "Frank"
Melissa - I dont have a nickname for
Nadmat- Other Matt
Scubashawn - Solo
Ms Klantz - hmmm need a nickname for you to

So what should we name ourselves as a whole? That way when the losers complain about how awesome we are they can just name the entity...

It's getting close to game day. I have never been to this place or event before.
I need to know what the dive plan is Saturday. Where to meet? (specifics) What time to meet? What I need to bring? Full names and phone numbers of the team members? Team leader organizing our team? Any other pertinent information.

I am anticipating a big crowd and could get lost. :shakehead:

Thanks for the information.

Shawn O'Shea
cell: 512-968-8278

Last edited:
It's getting close to game day. I have never been to this place or event before.
I need to know what the dive plan is Saturday. Where to meet? (specifics) What time to meet? What I need to bring? Full names and phone numbers of the team members? Team leader organizing our team? Any other pertinent information.

I am anticipating a big crowd and could get lost. :shakehead:

Thanks for the information.

Shawn O'Shea
cell: 512-968-8278

I second the need for more information.

I will be leaving here Friday evening so I can get there anytime Sat morning. Where, what time to meet and all of that small information.

Also what kind of money will I need to bring? Will parking be a problem? How far will I need to carry my gear? I could go on.

Back
Top Bottom