Travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AusEst

New
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing most of my diving abroad and want a BCD that is as lightweight as possible but without loosing the ability to dive in cold as well as warm waters.

Does anyone have any suggestions for BCDs weighing less than 3.5KG about 7.7lb

Cheers

AusEst

Seaquest Balance. Awesome BCD. Packs really small. I love it!

BUT just wait.. posts abt the small and wonderful BP/W's are gonna start coming in real soon...

Btw, welcome to SB. =D

AusEst:
I'm going to be doing most of my diving abroad and want a BCD that is as lightweight as possible but without loosing the ability to dive in cold as well as warm waters.

Does anyone have any suggestions for BCDs weighing less than 3.5KG about 7.7lb

Cheers

AusEst

The DiveRite Transpac is a nice system in general and travels very well. The Travel Wing is easy to remove and rolls up real small. It weighs

I suppose there are quite a few travel happy BCD's out there.

Well, I'll say it: An AL backplate and wing. It certainly packs smaller than any "standard" BC I know. Weighs maybe a few pounds. I also know that the Zeagle Stiletto packs very small (unlike the Zeagle Ranger I once had which was a beast!).

Well, I'm demo-ing Deep Sea Supply's Kydex plate and Tropical Travel Wing this week. I think the whole rig is somewhere around three pounds or so, although I didn't put it on the scale.

makubex01:
Seaquest Balance. Awesome BCD. Packs really small. I love it!
BUT just wait.. posts abt the small and wonderful BP/W's are gonna start coming in real soon...
Btw, welcome to SB. =D

Nice one there... :D
Well, yes, BP/W are really wonderful pieces of equipment. And they can come in small sizes too.

For single-tank diving, you can use a Diverite Travel Wing. this is the smallest aircell I personally have seen and used. I had mine for several years and it works great. Streamlined and no frills design.

As for the plate, you can go for an ABS plastic Backplate. You would probly need some lead though to keep yourself down.

As for the harness, stick to the single piece webbing. Extra padding would take up a lot of space in the bag, and they'll be dripping well after your dive.

Dive Safe! :)

I've heard good things about the Zeagle Stilleto and I own and like the Oceanic Islander. Search them on the board and you will get more feedback.

TSandM:
Well, I'm demo-ing Deep Sea Supply's Kydex plate and Tropical Travel Wing this week. I think the whole rig is somewhere around three pounds or so, although I didn't put it on the scale.

Sure, it's light, but won't do too well in cold water as the OP mentioned! :wink:

There's been at least one previous thread on this exact subject, but I'm too lazy to search for it!

I use the ScubaPro X-Tek (equivalent of the Transpac I) or my aluminium backplate and travel wing. I dive "cold" water (48-60 degree) with it and a steel HP120 with no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom