Travel Wing on a Transplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I got the Transplate yesterday and got to play around with it a bit along side the Transpac, so the whole wing interaction thing makes much more sense now. The Rec wing with the S/S bolts fit much better to the Transplate than the Travel Wing.

While swapping wings and cam straps back and forth, I learned something about my Transpac that I didn't know before. Somehow I missed this setup point in the manual up until last night:

3. Place the front of the Travel wing to the back of theTransPac. Place the Travel wing’s center webbing strap over the grommet holes on the back, center of theTransPac.

4. Slide the cam straps through the slots on the back of the TransPac and over the Travel wing’s center webbing strap so that it holds the Travel wing in place. See the diagram to the right for slot positions.

This is what I didn't know and didn't understand why the Travel wing wouldn't work on the Transplate. I didn't understand because I had it installed incorrectly on my Transpac up until now.

I might be the only person who made this mistake, but I thought I would post it just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom