Travel wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep waiting for Dive Rite to get into the "tropical wing" arena with something in the 17+/- pound category. They work well in warm waters and pack nicely in a 50 pound weight limit bag. Your travel wing is a heavy weight in that arena but a good compromise for divers who must also satisfy their cooler water requirements with a single rig.

Interesting comment. I happily dove a Transpac and travel wing for 10 years. Just recently got a Deep Sea Supply 17 lb wing and an Oxycheq soft plate. The wings narrow profile dives more streamlined and vents easier than the Dive Rite travel wing.

Last edited:
awap,
You make good points for an experienced diver. But we cannot be there and analyze every situation. For you 25lbs is plenty but for others it won't be. I personally dive faber 95s when I'm diving singles. I have tried a travel wing and it does work, but I wouldn't want to be floating in rough seas with it.

I will mention about a "tropical wing" could be interesting.

Safe Diving,
Jared

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom