Travel with SS BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some airports don't x-ray checked bags where the passengers can wait around.. I've done the same thing, though. Last time I flew was right after the liquid scare. I was a couple lbs over and about to be charged extra. I took stuff out, got under the limit and put the stuff back in. Fortunately, this was at an airport where we had to transport our checked bags to a separate TSA area.

Dive-aholic:
40 lbs is the typical carryon weight limit. I've never had my carryons weighed, though. I carry my bp on with me, too. It's much easier to explain in person.

Within the US, yes.

Outside the US, it's a lot more variable. I know I've only ever flown one Qantas flight (leaving JFK where they pay another airline to use their staff) where they didn't weigh my carry-on, and their limit is 15lbs.

I am thinking that I will just take off the wing and wear it on the plane. If they ask, it's a back brace :wink:

I have had no problemns with the SS plate, I pack it on top and could care less if they want to look inside. I have nothing to hide anyway.

victor:
Jason

Did your dive gear make it through Ok?
How was the diving off Malta?

I didn't get to do any scuba diving there. My gear (and clothes) didn't get to me for almost a week. Plus I lost 2 days of the first week because of travel screw ups. It took three times as long to get there as it was supposed to.

I'm going to try to get back there next year and dive it. The main goal of the trip wasn't diving, so it kind of got lost in all of the complications.

The free diving was pretty nice though. Not much in the way of fish. It gets deep very quickly, and there are supposed to be a few shore dives around. It's not cheap though. I tried to make it out on a boat trip, but it was going to take the entire day, and cost $130 with gear rental, $100 with my own gear. To picture Malta you only have to know that Troy and the old Popeye with Robin Williams were both filmed there. It's a different kind of place.
Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom