Traveling with baby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you considered a liveaboard? That way, the baby is always close to you and you'll worry less about how he is being looked after. There are 4 dives a day and you could dive alternately if you so wish. Also, since the boat is already at the dive site, the dive director might be flexible enough to allow the two of you to dive one after another with other buddies (if available) where there is not a great deal to travel between sites.

Bring a baby on a liveaboard – are you serious? Actually now I come to think of it, it's a good point, I will now ask before I book a liveaboard if anyone is bringing a baby on board and then I won't book on that boat at all.

I always thought that the absolute minimum age was 12 years on a liveaboard.....wouldn't like to pay a fortune for a trip and listen to a squawking baby all night in the cabin next door. It might be nice for the parents to have all this diving, but what about the other passengers ?

@ Doc - the reason I suggested Bali or Thailand is the presence of international medical clinics so if the OP did look at these destinations in SEA there would be no need to fly anywhere for medical assistance. Even in North Sulawesi the hospital is actually very good but if you had a serious illness the flight to Singapore is short and frequent.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom