Travelpac inflator hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

only reason to consider the transplate system is if all of your diving is local it gives you a more modular system to transition to doubles down the road and also allows you to drop some weight from the weight belt. Transpac does the same thing, but the cost increase isn't worth it if you are only going to be doing single tank recreational diving.

Thanks buddy. Appreciate your input.

---------- Post added April 10th, 2015 at 05:11 PM ----------

timz,
The TravelPac is definitely simple and light for travel. Perfect for warm water travel.

The d-ring on the crotch strap can be used to clip off anything you need. In the technical diving community we use it to clip our DPV.

I definitely recommend the crotch strap, it adds a lot to the stability of the rig.It keeps it from moving up during the dive, helping to prevent the tank from hitting you in the head. It also help to keep you floating on your back while on the surface.

There is not much difference between the small and medium TravelPacs. They use the same parts, the only difference is we leave the medium straps 2 inches longer when assembling the harness. Here is a link to the sizing chart though: http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_227.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Safe Diving,
Jared

Jared, in other words... An M size can be adjusted to fit a person that uses S size..? No wonder I don't feel any difference when I tried both size.

Hey Dive Rite, just one more thing. I saw there was only one dump valve on the travelpac. And the dealer demonstrate to me by pulling the inflator hose for air dumping. I was impressed.

How durable is the inflator hose if were to dump extra air using the inflater hose dump valve on every dive.

If the valve spoilt, will there be any replacement??

Also, if the inner bladder is puntured, is there any replacement for the inner bladder??

the dump inflators are fine for normal use, but you aren't supposed to use them all the time. If you're diving in proper trim, the rear dump valve is infinitely easier to use. The mechanism for the inflator hose has a piece of wire running from the inflator mechanism to the elbow on the wing. Most divers with these styles replace them with simple elbows after a year or so of use. Be mindful that these require extra care when rinsing due to the mechanism inside of the elbow, especially in salt water use. Deep Sea Supply makes a nice inflator hose adapter so you can get some water pressure inside of the system to flush it out. Generally what happens is after a year or so of even pretty careful rinsing salt will start to build up on the dump portion causing it to leak. Just an FYI

Whole assembly is easiest to replace instead of in parts, but can't have the length changed just by replacing the corrugated hose bit like normal inflators. Part numbers are in the link below
https://www.divegearexpress.com/bcs/bcdparts.shtml#419

Inner bladders can be ordered and replaced if necessary, but I have Dive Rite wings well over 10 years old with a lot of use and abuse still going strong on the inner bladders. Avoid using them in a pool regularly and they'll last forever

Yeah... i was just wondering if it's going to be a fragile shoulder dump valve. I seldom touch them. Maybe just once every dive for descent.

Glad to know that the replacement doesn't cost a bomb.

And mind sharing why isn't it advised to be used on pool regularly?? Because of the clorine??

yeah, chlorine eats nylon and butyl rubber, makes it brittle etc. You can use it in a pool every once in a while obviously but I wouldn't make a habit of it. Replacement parts aren't terrible which is part of what makes DR a bit better than most of the competition. I still have a pull dump that's 10 ish years old and works fine but it took a run through the ultrasonic to get salt buildup off of it then a run through the dishwasher to get it cleaned all the way out and then replaced the mushroom valves to get it to seal again after I bought it. I never use it, just have been too lazy to get an elbow for it and haven't need to. Only stress that is a problem is if you pull it too hard it is pulling on the wing itself so don't yank on it, it is a steady pull.

Thanks tbone1004. U certainly know ur toy too well... thanks for your advise. Appreciate.

you will learn that most technical/cave divers learn out of necessity. It also helps that I've worked with the company that makes all of DR's soft goods, and am a big support of their product lines and have been for many years, and will continue to be. Wish they'd bring some more stuff back home, but most of the big stuff is made here. Jared is rather busy right now prepping for a very large event that he's hosting in a few weeks in cave country, so if this saves him a few minutes and gets you the info you need, then it's worth it.

I went to the shop again yesterday, but the man whom entertained me the other day wasn't there. So i check out the Travelpac myself.

I realize 2 Dive Rite Travelpac with slight difference.

1) The lumbar cushion material is different.

2) The Ring that connects the top shoulder strap, bottom shoulder strap and chest shoulder strap is different. 1 uses a special ring and the other one uses a simple stainless steel D ring.

Can anyone tell me why are therr differences within the same model?

Input appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom