Trim Wt Pouches for Shoulder straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tceylan:
Actually, on mine I also moved the carrying handle strap above the upper tank belt. On mine, this carrying handle was between the upper and lower tank belts.

And I attached the trim pocket's velcro to this handle. The pockets now nicely wrap around the top of the tank. Looks pretty steamlined. I can post a pic if anybody is interested...

Should be able to do this even without moving the handle...yes, no?

I used to mount a 2 lb weight to each of the front shoulder straps of my (non-zeagle) bc when diving with a lot of wetsuit in cold water. It helped a lot to keep my head down and offset the bouyancy of 7 mm FJ, 7 mm jacket and 3 mm hooded vest. I also sometimes used an ankle (lead shot) 3-lb weight around the tank valve, but the best solution to get optimum (horizontal) trim was to have the weights on the upper, front part of my body.

tceylan:
Actually, on mine I also moved the carrying handle strap above the upper tank belt. On mine, this carrying handle was between the upper and lower tank belts.

And I attached the trim pocket's velcro to this handle. The pockets now nicely wrap around the top of the tank. Looks pretty steamlined. I can post a pic if anybody is interested...

Please post the pic. Thanks!

I'll post the pic tonight... (You can move them without moving the carrying handle to the top, but if the velcros are not attached, then the pockets are not streamlined. They don't wrap around the tank nicely. The handle is really short so it pulls the pocket velcros together holding them in an angle.)

Here's the pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 88
Is there a reason for such a short handle? Just wondering since mine isn't that short. Don't want to be missing something.

handle length is adjustable. I made it short on purpose. Otherwise it doesn't pull the trim pockets together close enough. Now, they wrap around the top of the tank hydrodynamically.

But even though it's short, I still can carry the BC using it.

Back
Top Bottom