Trimix gas blend

Which category of trimix do you dive most?

• Hyperoxic, mix yielding a % of O2 in excess of 23%

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Normoxic, mix of between 22 and 18%

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Hypoxic, mix of between 17 and 10%

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Anoxic, mix of 9% or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our local dive shops think Trimix is Voodoo Gas so I can't get it around here. If I had my own compressor, I would be homebrewing. They won't do top offs on PP fills either. My Trimix dives have been with my instructor: 21/35.

The majority of my trimix dives are on 20/30, with many dives after a top-off that gives me 20/15 or 20/20.

Don't see any point in a mix that has in excess of 23% O2.

Have only had a handfull of fills of 17/50 or 18/30.

theskull

TheRedHead:
Our local dive shops think Trimix is Voodoo Gas so I can't get it around here. If I had my own compressor, I would be homebrewing. They won't do top offs on PP fills either. My Trimix dives have been with my instructor: 21/35.
Why dont you blend your own and top it off from an air tank filled at your LDS.
The biggest problem is you will need a bigger & higher pressure air tank to top it off from. , but if you can find some one who does "cave fills" that shouldnt be a problem.

theskull:
Don't see any point in a mix that has in excess of 23% O2.

theskull
Lets see , a nice 100 foot or even a few more dive , being less narked , longer NDL , faster off gassing , other than the price , why wouldnt you want that ???

texdiveguy:
I failed SB Poll set-up 101 the other day....so opted to go this route in hopes folks might share just like you did...THANKS!

Ask and ye shall receive... :D

TheRedHead:
Our local dive shops think Trimix is Voodoo Gas so I can't get it around here. If I had my own compressor, I would be homebrewing. They won't do top offs on PP fills either.
Yea...that helium would go boom! lol

Packhorse:
Why dont you blend your own and top it off from an air tank filled at your LDS.
The biggest problem is you will need a bigger & higher pressure air tank to top it off from. , but if you can find some one who does "cave fills" that shouldnt be a problem.
Better yet. Find a shop that isn't run by tank monkeys.

Back
Top Bottom