Trimix gas blend

Which category of trimix do you dive most?

• Hyperoxic, mix yielding a % of O2 in excess of 23%

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Normoxic, mix of between 22 and 18%

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Hypoxic, mix of between 17 and 10%

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Anoxic, mix of 9% or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
Better yet. Find a shop that isn't run by tank monkeys.

The LDS I staff for has very 'tough' standards when it comes to filling tanks with gas,,,from air to nitrox to custom blended trimix and O2. There is no cutting corners when it comes to the safety of our blenders and our dive customers.

texdiveguy:
The LDS I staff for has very 'tough' standards when it comes to filling tanks with gas,,,from air to nitrox to custom blended trimix and O2. There is no cutting corners when it comes to the safety of our blenders and our dive customers.
as I said...Tank monkeys. When you don't have a clue, don't do anything and create "rules"

terrasmak:
Lets see , a nice 100 foot or even a few more dive , being less narked , longer NDL , faster off gassing , other than the price , why wouldnt you want that ???

oh no, can't we go a week without the "trimix on 100 fsw dives" argument?

i don't log if my dives were trimix or nitrox anymore, but probably ~20 dives so far this year on 30/30 with a max depth of 120... probably a bit more than that as well, since if i've got ~1800 psi left over i'll blow it off on a purely recreational dive...

In general, most of my trimix diving is done in the Normoxic range.

texdiveguy:

I'm curious here, does that statement mean that you will or won't do a top off to someone's tank? Is it assumed a customer can't analyze a nitrox or trimix tank after a fill and dive the mix accordingly? Or are you saying the air you in people's tank is so dirty you fear an explosion if they have PP'd a tank with pure O2 and want it topped up with air to achieve the mix they desire?

FD

fire_diver:
I'm curious here, does that statement mean that you will or won't do a top off to someone's tank? Is it assumed a customer can't analyze a nitrox or trimix tank after a fill and dive the mix accordingly? Or are you saying the air you in people's tank is so dirty you fear an explosion if they have PP'd a tank with pure O2 and want it topped up with air to achieve the mix they desire?

FD

It is pretty simple: We offer 3 forms of gas fills at the shop....we cascade or direct compress Grade E air,,we cascade 32EANx or custom blend to 40EANx from our membrane nitrox system Grade E, and we have a PP station for hyper filtered air/nitrox/O2/trimix. All our blenders are DSAT Gas Blender certed. either in nitrox or in a few cases both nitrox/trimix. As a practice we prefer to fill empty tanks,,,and of course reserve the option of emtying any prior contents. We can and will do 'top-ups' based on proper safegaurds and do 'tec' fills. We have both O2 and He gas anylz.,,so we can always verify a blend at any point...pre/during/post fill. We have strict rules to tank labeling and c-card verification of customers whom purchase gas blends. Appropriate paperwork is completed by both the blender and customer prior to the fill leaving the shop. It is a simple, safe and proper process for gas filling....quality and safety are a high priority. :)

Packhorse:
Why dont you blend your own and top it off from an air tank filled at your LDS.
The biggest problem is you will need a bigger & higher pressure air tank to top it off from. , but if you can find some one who does "cave fills" that shouldnt be a problem.

I didn't think about that when I bought double HP 72s. I am thinking about getting a HP 130 and getting it filled with EAN32 and then I can PP fill AL 80s with 25/25 using just He and EAN32.

Some things in life are too funny.

JeffG:
Some things in life are too funny.

Why don't you explain why you don't like 25/25? AG's reasoning seems sound to me. :huh:

TheRedHead:
Why don't you explain why you don't like 25/25? AG's reasoning seems sound to me. :huh:
I suspect Jeff was refering to a prior post.

Back
Top Bottom