Trip Advice - Australia and PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lunahippo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All, I'm planning a 5 day liveaboard trip from cairns with mike ball, then maybe 3 nights in cairns then a week in PNG and back home to the USA. I'm excited for all the diving but feel like maybe i should do something other than dive while in Australia? :confused:

any ideas or suggestions for itineraries? the trip is in july... so sydney will be cold.... i was considering ayers rock... but is it too far and too much flying?

Any opinions/ suggestions would be helpful. Another question- do you usually travel with all of your dive gear/ personal items in one bag? I'm a solo female so would like to be able to able to pack light but can't decide how to balance that against all of my new gear AND clothes possibly getting lost all at once.....

thanks to all for your help ...

Are you only in Australia for a total of 8 days?

Hi There,

You can't go wrong with a trip on Spoilsport - especially in July - I would check the amount of weight you can take on the flight from Lizard Island to Cairns. Here are some tips to pack light - Spoilsport luggage allowance.

If you only have three days on land in Australia, why don't you stay in Cairns? Lots to see and do when using Cairns as a base. Popular attractions include Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation for rainforest walks, Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Park and, extending over the World Heritage rainforest, the Kuranda Skyrail Gondola Cableway.

I'll be in australia fr july 1-14th, then in png fr 14-22 - about a 3 week vacay for me- spending a couple days in sydney before heading out on the spoilsport, then spending a couple days in cairns before heading to png. can't wait! everything is booked- just need to pay off my balances and buy a reg and computer- have everything else :)

sail the whitsundays???

visit fraser island???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom