Trip Report: Atmosphere Resort, Dauin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trip report: Atmosphere Resort (contd).

Departure
We got hit with excess baggage fee at the Dumaguete Airport. Their scale is not very accurate and they only accept cash. Also, if you pay in dollars, they will give you very bad rates. Shame on Philippine airlines!. For a country that caters to so many divers, it is amazing that the airlines prays on them.

The same thing happen to me on a flight from Bohol to Manila. I had the same dive bag, same gear. I guess we just have to be prepared for the unexpected. Thanks for sharing. Dumaguete was on my list of places to dive. :cool2:

Finally, I got all photos downloaded and processed. I used a old Panny TZ1 with Ultramax strobe. The setup didn't work very well. The camera's internal flash stopped working after 3 days (and that made external strobe useless). So we had to relay on manual white balance and lot of prayers for later part of the trip.

Anyway, here is the link to some of the photos.

Picasa Web Albums - Vimal Parikh - Philippines

Vimal,
Thanks for sharing... I love the captions. I'll definitely look into this resort the next time I go the the Phils... One with with the nicer resorts it's easier to go diving knowing that the non diving significant others can be pampered while you are chasing fishies... :)

Thanks,

Ben

The same thing happen to me on a flight from Bohol to Manila. I had the same dive bag, same gear. I guess we just have to be prepared for the unexpected. Thanks for sharing. Dumaguete was on my list of places to dive. :cool2:
it may have something to do with wet gear... wetsuits and bc's take a bit to dry out fully

and doesn't luggage always feel heavier on your way home?

Jag

I've stayed many places in the Dauin Beach area. For luxury, this is highly rated. And quite expensive relative to the places I usually stay ($200 per night versus $30-50). It's amazing how retirement changes your perspective on expenses. I've been quite content at El Dorado, Pura Vida, and lately Mikes Beach Resort. Not as glitzy, but I am there to dive, not lay about. Well, if I ever win the lottery, I know where to spend some of the proceeds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom