Trip Report - Blue XT Sea and Iberostar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QueenAngel

Registered
Reaction score
Our trip to Coz this year was more wonderful than usual, due to the rain-free , norte - free weather, and the outstanding service of Christi's Blue XT Sea.

THE DIVE OP

I cannot say enough good things about this dive op. The Shamu, with DM Pedro and Captain Mago on board, showed up when they said they would on all of our dive days. It is a small boat, kitted out with O2, a shaded deck and the most helpful staff I have ever experienced. They set up our gear every dive, had an analyser on board for the Nitrox, and slogged our gear home with them every day for a wash and dry. You can"t beat that! I had an "iffy" knee at the time, and they were very careful with me.
A very throurgh dive brief was given every day and we got to the reefs early on most days, passing many other boats on the way there. There were no limits on dive time, we dove our computers and we had bottom times of 48 to 70 minutes. Pedro was extremely attentive to all divers, and was fantastic at finding whatever it was that we particularly wanted to see.
We had nice long SI, ( Safety is ALWAYS first with Christi's op) always at a local beach where we warmed up on a lounge, while nibbling on the wonderful muffins, sandwiches, nuts and the like, that Christi had prepared for us. Those nice warm fuzzy towels and long warm up jackets are a definate plus also! Then we were off for a 2nd dive, with tons of critters to see. I have never enjoyed a dive experience more, and we will not ,in the future, use anyone but Blue XT Sea.

THE HOTEL

We again stayed at the Iberostar this year, for the 3rd time. And, while I know most of you out there probably prefer going to town to eat, being the old girl that I am, I enjoyed just eating at the compound and going to bed early most nights. ( With a couple of exceptions). The Iberostar is becoming a little tired, but by most standards is quiet accomodating and in reality these days, not more than a 3 1/2 star establishment. As usual, the food was quiet acceptable, though, as is the case with most AI's, a little repeditive. The staff was very friendly as usual, and a few dollars tip every day was appreciated.

As I have said, we did not go out to dine a lot. Mostly because my knee wasn't up to the walking about by the end of the day. However, we did make a trip to town to try Christi's fav restaurant called Especias (sp?), which is a triffle off the beaten path, but well worth the little extra effort to walk there. The food was just fantastic and the owner Adrien greeted us and bid us farewell with a great big hug! Thanks to Christi for pointing us in his direction.

Well, I guess I have been a little wordy, but this is the first time I have posted a trip report. I just hope it goes in the right spot on the board. I just had to say " thanks" to Christi for making this year's trip to Coz so memorable.

Cindy

Nice report, thanks!
I'm going in May and am also booked with XT-Sea, and every time I hear a good report I get more excited. In fact, I don't recall hearing a bad report about them yet! Would somebody please report something bad about Cozumel so I can get back to work! :wink:

Great report. My wife and I are planning a trip to Cozumel this summber, but financial problems mights cause that to disappear. We were planning on going with Blue XT or Blue Angel Divers. ????

Cindy, nice report.

My wife and I really enjoyed meeting you and hour husband, Len. It was great spending a couple days diving with the two of you, and we couldn't agree with you more about Christi and her dive operation.

Michael

RICK - The only bad thing I could ever comment on about Coz is the POD people/ Cruise boat issue. And thats the " anti Cancun" coming out in me. But the local businesses appreciate them no doubt.

MURPHDIVER - We have never used Blue Angel, I cannot possibly imagine anyone being as good as BLue XT Sea. Fabulous!

Thanks everyone for the great feed back!

Cindy

Michael, it was great diving with you and Tammy, even though you were there for only a few days. You've got to get away for a bigger time frame the next time you go.!

Cindy

Rick Inman:
Nice report, thanks!
I'm going in May and am also booked with XT-Sea, and every time I hear a good report I get more excited. In fact, I don't recall hearing a bad report about them yet! Would somebody please report something bad about Cozumel so I can get back to work! :wink:

You think you've got problems? I'm not going until late June! :0

CALI68:
You think you've got problems? I'm not going until late June! :0
(HIJACK) Cali68,
Just curious, will you adjust your rig at all for Coz (besides Drysuit & weight)? Steel BP and long hose?
Actually, don't answer here. I'll start a new thread called PB/W in Coz. (/HIJACK)

QueenAngel:
Our trip to Coz this year was more wonderful than usual, due to the rain-free , norte - free weather, and the outstanding service of Christi's Blue XT Sea.

It was great to dive with you guys... for 1 day! Considering you were there for 2 weeks and we were there for 9 days I thought we would have seen a lot more of you. Oh well, next time!

I do want to thank you for switching one of your "off" days so Mia and I could get on Shamu for our last day... it would have been tough going out with anyone else after diving with Pedro, Javier & Mago!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom