Trip Report--Dive with Cristina, CenoteXperience, Sunscape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to change daily in Cozumel about the batteries. Going to Cozumel I was asked by United if I had any batteries in my checked bag--nope only in my carry-on. Good to go. In Cozumel I was told by security as I was waiting in line that all batteries had to be in my checked bag--so I had to move them out of my carry-on and into my checked bag. Then in Houston I had to switch them from my checked bag to my carry-on for my on going flight. United agents in Cozumel never asked me about batteries but I know others recently have had a totally different experience and were told by United in Cozumel that batteries needed to be in their carry-on--go figure. There's a new thread just posted about the "battery experience" in Cozumel--check it out.
True, and United changed their policy sometime between my May 2017 Cozumel trip and my April 2018 one. Last year I had to check my batteries in Cozumel and move them to my carry on in the Houston airport. This year I had to have them in carry on the whole way.

They gave me nitrox on all my cenote dives
But, one guy used air cause he wasn’t nitrox certified.

Spotted ray in a Cenote :wink:

Nice report!

Bshort4 - You mentioned when you dove The Pit that the H2S layer was at 116’ and that you descended into it for a short time. Let’s suggest you went to 120’. Question - what is the MOD for Nitrox 32 at sea level?

nice report and cool photos...thanks for sharing.

Bshort4 - You mentioned when you dove The Pit that the H2S layer was at 116’ and that you descended into it for a short time. Let’s suggest you went to 120’. Question - what is the MOD for Nitrox 32 at sea level?
It's 111 feet--we went past that by a few feet.

Thanks for the report. Just sent Cenote Experience an email for our October trip.

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom