Trip Report - If You're Thinking of Staying at Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter once bubbled...

You must not be diving a Suunto. Everytime I dive Punta Sur (Devils Throat, Cathedral) we go into deco. On AL80s its pretty much finish the swimthroughs and begin your stop(s). On LP100s, (with Living Underwater), we did some nice deep stop/diving and lots of time to enjoy the rest of the area.

Otter

Suunto is very convervative. I dive a Fusion that is always in deco on Punta Sur. What the hell a little deco keeps you onr your toes!

raviepoo
nice report
I never post just lurk

Questions
1) Did you bring your own locks for the lockers and diid Dive House know you were using the lockers?
2) Did you do four dives a day with Martin?
3) If yes what was the schedule like?
that is did you do the two morning dives
and then do the two dive afternoon/night combo with him.
4) Did Martin pick you up at the FA
for the afternoon/night two tanker too?

thanks I really appreciate the info

darren

Glad to see other people have the same issues with Suunto. I dumped mine because it was way too conservative on repetitive dives. A dive operator friend of mine in Florida reports that the cobra will barely let her back in the water for the second dive on their standard 2-tank trip.

Raviepoo,

We are looking at staying at either Fiesta Americana or Iberostar this fall. My wife is a non-diver.....any fun stuff to keep her entertained at the Fiesta Americana?

Thanks again for your report!

1) Yes Dive house knew we were using the lockers. We bought the lock from them. We diddn't go to them and say, "Hey, we're not diving with you. Does that mean we can't use the lockers?" I was under the impression that the lockers were for hotel guests whether or not they dove with Dive House.
2) We did 4 dives with Martin every day.
3) The morning boat came at 8. We got back around 1. They gave us at least two hours, sometimes more before coming back to get us for the afternoon dives. Martin's schedule seems to be flexible, based on who is diving with him on a particular day. On our first day, we were scheduled to do a shore dive at the shop followed by a 3:pM single tank boat dive. We ended up doing a two tank trip because he had a few other people who wanted to do one.
4)Martin's boats came down to the FA for all but our first afternoon dive on the first day, which left from his shop, and dropped us off at our hotel.

ddawson once bubbled...
raviepoo
nice report
I never post just lurk

Questions
1) Did you bring your own locks for the lockers and diid Dive House know you were using the lockers?
2) Did you do four dives a day with Martin?
3) If yes what was the schedule like?
that is did you do the two morning dives
and then do the two dive afternoon/night combo with him.
4) Did Martin pick you up at the FA
for the afternoon/night two tanker too?

thanks I really appreciate the info

darren

I can't really comment on fun stuff to do on land. What is this "land" you speak of, and how can anything be fun if you're not wet?

I think if you have your wife with you it might be a good idea to either rent a car, or stay within walking distance of shopping.

chris3536 once bubbled...
Raviepoo,

We are looking at staying at either Fiesta Americana or Iberostar this fall. My wife is a non-diver.....any fun stuff to keep her entertained at the Fiesta Americana?

Thanks again for your report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom