Trip Report - Intro to Cave Diver Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1:
I don't remember you having H valves on your 100 Pat2. I don't remember john have a BCD that holds doubles.
If there doubles don't over do it John. Everything is differant.
If my back gets better might try to make it.
Fred

Hey Fred - I do not have an H-valve. These are my single HP100's - you do bring up a good point - the tanks are DIN - I cannot remember how your H-valve was configured - I am sooo confused....let me know what our options are.

HP100's seem to have become my tank of choice (not to mention the price was right... ) :)

I will dive doubles while we are there - as always observing the rules within my level of training which means turn at 1/6th's (actually 35ft3) and always running a reel (that was for R2)!! :)

I upped my task loading last dive at Peacock by trying to take pictures whilst exiting the cave - whoa, need some serious work in that area. Managed to get one good shot of the double arrows returning from Pothole - the rest were a mish mash of blurs and streaks...(and I left more than one little silt puff while trying to snap a photo and fin at the same time - sigh - hanging head in serious shame...)

At any rate, John let me know your thoughts on the tanks - if you can use them - I will bring along - I heard the lunch offer .... :)

It would be great if you could join us, Fred. Hope your back is on the mend!

Oh, I thought they were single tanks with H valves, which is what I need. If they arnt the never mind. I can rent something from Rennakers, or youll just have to put up with my al80. I made it to pothole on it, so the dives shouldnt be too short. I would like to have more air just to feel better.

Starry, do you want to make it 10am on saturday at Peacock 1, and then go to the CSO commitee meeting at Orange Grove at noon?

That is an outstanding idea!

It will also give me a chance to run by the Outpost and plug my battery in to recharge before the meeting - think we will have time for a post meeting dive as well?

With the current halogen bulb I have the battery lasts about an hour with an ~ 2.5 hour charge time. I will eventually get a backup battery one of these days...

It would be a different story with an HID lite - someday (when I win the lottery) I will upgrade. :)

Well, thats cool. Whatever works. Thats what backup lights are for. I have a HID anyway. You should pick up an invertor too, then you can charge while driving.

jviehe way to be on the class. StarrySkies keep running those reels and you might consider getting yourself a converter that can plug into your cars power outlet (lighter) to keep that light of yours charged up. I will be busy this weekend teaching. I will try to get to Ginnie on Sunday with a open water class. Maybe we can get a cave dive in then after I finish with them. It will be in the afternoon though?

Sounds like it was a great experience and great training. The constrat drills are a great way to make sure you dive safe. I haven't tried any cavern/cave dives, but I'm really thinking about doing it.

Thanks
Bill :bounce:

So, just to summarize, Starry: Saturday at Peacock 1, at 10am. CSO meeting at OG at noon, and then another dive. Sound right?

Anyone else going to be there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom