Trip Report- July 20-24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny:
LOVED the back inflate (though not sure I'll end up with a plate/wings - may go the Zeagle route instead - research time ahead). Boat was fun as evidenced by the greeting you observed (no, I didn't know that DM before - but have a date with him in January). As far as diving goes, I really prefer the small boats and Blue XT Sea for my personal diving. Christi Rocks!

But for those wanting to do some serious tech, I have absolutely no doubt that Omar would be excellent. And wouldn't hesitate to recommend for that.

Yes, that was quite a show! Your boat was way more festive than I have ever seen on a dive!

YOU GO, GIRL!!

Speaking of back inflation, my BC (at home) is a Zeagle Zena and I love it!! It was hard, at first, to get my trim just right with it. After I started adding some of my weight to my back pockets, the problem was fixed.

What did you see????

Hemlon:
Yes, that was quite a show! Your boat was way more festive than I have ever seen on a dive!

YOU GO, GIRL!!

Speaking of back inflation, my BC (at home) is a Zeagle Zena and I love it!! It was hard, at first, to get my trim just right with it. After I started adding some of my weight to my back pockets, the problem was fixed.

What did you see????

Have to admit, I've never been welcomed onto a dive boat quite like that before. Was an interesting few hours...

Trim was great with the plate/wings until the webbing loosened up at my shoulders (probably didn't cinch the waist quite as tight as I should have). I settled right into it and felt VERY at ease in the water. Having nothing in front of me was fabulous.

Saw turtles, nurse shark, anemone shrimp, a neat nudibranch and the usual suspects. The current was ripping pretty well on Delilah, and it was during that torrential downpour, so didn't get to observe as much as I'd like. Especially after doing Columbia Shallows for the first dive, I was spoiled with slower current.

Was a good way to try them out, and appreciated them giving me the opportunity. But missed you all on Shamu :) Wish I could have been with you to help look for the seahorse. Needed more pics of him!

Back
Top Bottom