Trip Report: NAD Lembeh, November 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at NAD Lembeh in October as part of an underwater photo workshop. I came three days early and stayed an extra day, so I had 13 days of diving. I was at Anilao and Puerto Galera last year, also in a workshop. I've only gotten to my fourth day of diving in processing my photos and have found that the Lembeh nudibranchs far outshown what I saw in Anilao. I hit almost every critter on my bucket list within the first couple days. Had to wait to the end to get the wonderpus, and then I saw three. I loved NAD Lembeh and will be going back in 2020. I'm headed to the Red Sea, Anilao, and Alor next year in a combined trip. I would give NAD Lembeh five stars and highly recommend them to anyone.

@Laurie S. What was the nature/focus of your underwater photography workshop at NAD Lembeh?

My list of octopi from Lembeh consists of the blue-ringed, mototi, hairy, wonderpus, mimic, long-armed, and coconut. Once I get through all my photos, there may be more, but I don't think so.
You will have to go back for the Starry Night Octo and the Algae Octo!!

You will have to go back for the Starry Night Octo and the Algae Octo!!

I had an algae octopus in Anilao. Haven't seen a starry night yet. I might have had an algae octopus in Lembeh, but it hasn't shown up in the first four days of photos. So many photos, it's hard to remember everything!

Yeah, the coconut octos were very common in Lembeh and also seemed to have no fear of divers, I am surprised that you did not see one.

Neither visit! And my first visit, I was 5he only guest at the resort and had 2-3 guides with me at all times. So spoiled yet still unlucky because on that first trip, didn't see mimic or wonderpus either!! So many pretty hairy frog fish though!

Paul, that was probably the same juv stargazer either before or after it buried itself partially in the muck. When I saw it, it was in the open and it looked 8 months pregnant.

Laurie S.: where I have seen Starry Nights is on night dives in Malapascua in the Philippines. But not yet in Lembeh. Whereas Anilao, Romblon, Puerto Galera and Dauin usually come to mind when talking macro in the Philippines, Malapascua is pretty good and it also has threshers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom