Trip Report -- Two weeks in Placencia in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be sure, both Maya Air and Tropic are quick and easy and you'll get a great view of the country. I like to mentally check off features as we pass over: downtown BZ City, Gales Point, Hank's shrimp farm, Hopkins, etc. But nothing beats having your own wheels for seeing the countryside up close and personal.

Speaking of getting old, my wife and I went to the movies last weekend and just for the heck of it I told the ticket person we were seniors so we'd get the discount. She didn't blink an eye an punched out two senior tickets. My wife checked on the internet later and discovered you're supposed to be at least sixty to qualify. Hah! Unfortunately, we'll qualify in about two and a half more years. So getting old isn't all bad. Mostly bad. Almost all bad. Pretty much all bad. Except you can go watch a movie cheaper than those young whippersnappers talking through the movie right behind you.

... So getting old isn't all bad. Mostly bad. Almost all bad. Pretty much all bad. Except you can go watch a movie cheaper than those young whippersnappers talking through the movie right behind you.

Better yet, when you reach 62 (or is it 63) you can pay a one time fee of $10 and get a Golden Pass that lets you (and anyone in the car with you) into any national park free. I can also get into any of the NY state parks free monday through friday (holidays excepted) by showing my drivers license. I've got to wait till I hit 70 to get a free seniors fishing license though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom