Trip Report - Wind Dancer, Grenada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aww shucks... am blushing... thanks buddy!

I will be the skipper about in four weeks when our current (new) captain goes away... can you make it then??? :wink:

If not it will be a pleasure to dive with you again sometime, somewhere!

S

Hi Simon,
you have time for surfing SB?
Can't wait to see American Airlines out of Miami every day from November.
Hope it will be a great season, now that it's so easy to get here from the US.
See you around,
Peter

Hey Peter,

We have slipped away to Barbados for a well earnt vacation so I have all the time in the world, at least for another 10 days!

We are going to dive here too which is going to be interesting!

See you soon.

Simon

This is helpful information! Thanks so much for posting. We stayed and dove with aquanauts for 5 days in 2007 and had an awesome time - if you have the chance to dive with them before the live aboard or even as a separate trip, the staff and owners of the hotel were really amazing. We always saw the wind dancer out in the bay and were wondering if it was worthwhile...I think I'll put it on the list...first aquacat, now explorer ventures Turks and Caicos in February, then - Wind dancer!

Peter Hughes is offering a $300 discount on any cruise in 2009 on both the Belize & the Grenada boats. You have to book before January 31st. We just booked the Belize trip for Dec 27th in addition to our trip on the Wind dancer in June.

Thanks for the nice trip report. I too had a great trip on the Wind Dancer, but I was in Tobago a couple years ago. Great boat! What was already an amazing trip was even better, because Peter Hughes was my dive buddy. The crew on that boat was really fun too. Who's working on the boat now?

The Wind Dancer finally got permission about a month ago to dive St. Vincent. As part of the arrangement I think it is now a St. Vincent flagged vessel. By popular demand we spent 2 whole days there and the crew seems to feel it's the best diving on the itinerary. We also dove sites around Isle De Rhode, Carriacou, & Bequia on the way, and Grenada on the last day.

"The crew on that boat was really fun too. Who's working on the boat now?"

Hi there,

If you were on the boat in Tobago a couple of years ago you will remember Divemaster CNN, Chef Ryan and maybe the Galley Assistant then (now the stew) who is Aasha.

We are heading north to the Dominican Republic for the Humpback Whale season, back in april for more diving!

Simon

Just a note- We were in Grenada a year and a half ago and we flew Air Jamaica out of JFK in NY - one connection through barbados but we didn't have to get off the plane - it just let some people off and picked up a few more. Also, I would recommend that if you are diving in Grenada that you not be a beginner. We had a lot of dives that were wrecks and many involved a bit of current. So, just beware - we always wondered about that live aboard boat off in the distance...now, we are looking forward to adding it to our list. Aquacat, Explorer Ventures Turks and Caicos and in 2010 maybe wind dancer!
-M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom