Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
A good friend invited us down to the Keys for some fun and diving. Packed all my gear and got to the airport on time. My bag was 9 lbs overweight so I had to pay an extra $25. Got into Ft Lauderdale and drove down to Marathon on Thurs PM. Weather Friday was great, forecast for Sat was a little shaky so we decided to go fishing on Fri and diving on Sat, on the theory that it would be better to be UNDER the water instead of ON it if the weather was not as nice. Sat came and it was blowing 25 knots from the NNW. Dive called. Sunday was a little calmer, but the viz was only 20' (a hangover form the hurricanes, I'm told) before the wind and waves, so we didn't dive Sunday. Monday was fly home day so no diving. C'est la vie, but he did say we'd have to come back later in the year for another try. I guess next time we'll dive if the weather looks good and not take the chance on the weather holding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom