Trip Review / Ambon, Banda, Raja Ampat on Black Manta and at Kri Eco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent review, I've been to all those sites except Ambon and I have to agree with your observations.

More cubicle daydreaming material for you: I'm going to Cendrawasih Bay (the other side of Papua's bird's head) next month, famous for the whale sharks. I'm hoping to go to Triton Bay (also in Papua) at some point. Time for some research? :)

This read more like a chapter from a good dive novel, reminiscent of the adventure books of the Blair Brothers.. excellently written....thanks SH diver. Look forward to more..unless you decide to make a real novel out of your adventures ?

OUTSTANDING report! You really made it all come alive--and now, thanks to you, I have a very serious case of cubicle fever!

Be a dear, would you, and please post your photos?

Fantastic report, you have it spot-on. Cenderawasih Bay is even more remote and wild, but apart from the fantastic whale-shark encounters, the diving is disappointing to say the least.

Whale shark feeding in Cenderawasih Bay is not a fantastic encounter..

..but this is another story and unrelated to this thread by the OP

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom