Trip to Anilao with teenager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Blue Steal;
There are not many topside activities in Anilao. You would have to make a day trip to Lake Taal, ot return to Manila, (2 hours away), to tour Intramuros, Corregidore, or go shopping at one of the Great malls.
Puerto Galera, does heve some topside activities, visit Tamaraw Falls, or the Magaya village, also a visit to Puerto Galera itself, or Sabang could be entertaining.
The diving at both places are great! There are more sites in Puerto Galera for your daughter. Sitting on the porch, or balcony at both places provide great vista's.

You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!!

I agree with Blue Steal;
There are not many topside activities in Anilao. You would have to make a day trip to Lake Taal, or return to Manila, (2 hours away), to tour Intramuros, Corregidore, or go shopping at one of the Great malls.
Puerto Galera, does have some topside activities, visit Tamaraw Falls, or the Magaya village, also a visit to Puerto Galera itself, or Sabang could be entertaining.
The diving at both places are great! There are more sites in Puerto Galera for your daughter. Sitting on the porch, or balcony at both places provide great vista's.

You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!!

Sweet video, I'm interested to hear about your homemade housing for your JVC. Abet is a great divemaster.

There are a few discussions on building one in the DIY section; I roughly based mine on this one:
Underwater Housing for miniDV

I do not have all of the tools to make nice, close tolerance parts :lotsalove:
For example: I used a Dremel tool to put a bevel on the edge of the clear acrylic since the piece was cut with a jigsaw by hand and then I filled the space between the edge of the acrylic and the outer PVC wall with epoxy :dork2:
I used schedule 80 instead of 40 - the thicker walls gave me more of a seating surface for the acrylic. Not so pretty, but it worked.

Attachments

• Housing.001.jpg
    Housing.001.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 22
nice video. good to know that you enjoyed your stay here in the Philippines. do come back again.:wink:

Thanks on the video!

It is just a matter of time until we come back....and money :depressed:

Daughter will be in high school for two more years - once she heads off to college at least we will be able to travel sometime other than the summer rainy season. And maybe stay for longer than two weeks. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom