Triton Bay or Halmahera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone, interested to hear from those who have done:
- Raja Ampat
- Komodo
- Alor
- Halmahera
- Triton Bay

And how would you rank them? Which ones do you want to revisit badly because it was so good? And what did you like about them the most?

Appreciate your help!

My recommendation is to go in the following order:
1-Raja Ampat
2-Komodo
3-Alor
4-Triton Bay

Check my Diver's Lens YouTube Channel. I have videos about all of these places. I've never been to Halmahera.

My recommendation is to go in the following order:
1-Raja Ampat
2-Komodo
3-Alor
4-Triton Bay

Check my Diver's Lens YouTube Channel. I have videos about all of these places. I've never been to Halmahera.
Is that your ranking based on preference or based on the order someone should visit? If it’s the order you suggest to go in, what is the reasoning behind it?

Yes, it is the order I suggest of going.
Raja Ampat is the best. A lot fish, corals. Very little macro. Manageable currents. Warm water.
Komodo is the second best. Currents could be very strong and water cold (i.e. 20 deg C).
Alor is very good and less crowds. A lot of macro. Cooler water.
Triton Bay - you have to go through the above to fully appreciate Triton Bay. It is a mini Raja Ampat. They have everything, but visibility could be an issue. There are no other dive operations in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom