Tropical Storm Bret is forecast to become a hurricane by Wednesday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope is just a tropical storm and not a hurricane once over Bonaire. We are scheduled to arrive 6/28 and looks like it will be far gone by then.

Storm is projected to pass well north of Bonaire, the 5 day wind cone shows a 0-10% chance of 35 knot winds on or about Bonaire. It could turn south so keep an eye on it, use the national hurricane center, it is the no hype source for all the breathless news coverage.
084035_key_messages_sm.png

As of Tuesday morning, Tropical Storm Bret was moving westward at 15 to 20 mph. After Bret passes through the Caribbean islands, it will begin to encounter a hostile environment and is expected to weaken

Invest 93L's odds for tropical development continue to increase

The National Hurricane Center continues to increase the chance of tropical development for Invest 93L in the Atlantic. As of Tuesday morning, it now has a 70% chance to develop into at least a tropical depression over the next two days and an 80% chance of development over the next week.

Regarding Bret, there is projected to be very little impact south of the storm. The majority of the impacts will be to the north. It is also forecasted to remain a hurricane for just a short time. They believe it will weaken back to a tropical storm around or shortly after entering the Caribbean.

Regarding Bret, there is projected to be very little impact south of the storm. The majority of the impacts will be to the north. It is also forecasted to remain a hurricane for just a short time. They believe it will weaken back to a tropical storm around or shortly after entering the Caribbean.
I hope so, for everyone's sake in the Caribbean

That upper level wind shear though. I think NHC is smoking dope

That upper level wind shear though. I think NHC is smoking dope
So you know more than the professional hurricane forecasters? Cool.

Well, I’m hoping NHC is correct because I’m headed to Cayman Brac on Saturday with 39 other divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom