Tropical Wall Diving from the beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plaamook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks.
Just wondering if there are any recommendations for a tropical place where you can dive walls (ish) from a beach.
I'm not interested in boats and all that hassle. Done enough of that. Just solo beach diving. This is the plan anyway. I was thinking of Egypt but I'd rather some place tropical as I already live in a really dry place (S. Spain).
Since I don't get out much I figured I hit you lot up. I don't mind where it is particularly. Asia? I figured there's got to be some atoll out there for me. But S/C America is also fine. I think those are the only options potentially.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how far you're willing to travel, and I don't have a good practical sense of how far and difficult to reach destination are from where you are based. I'll also add that these 2 places are quite arid topside.

My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire
8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends
2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites

Curacao Trip Research Notes
Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019

If you read my 2022 Bonaire trip report, I think you'll see I pretty much did what you want to do.

Richard.

I would agree with @drrich2 with both options. If you google map them you can get a sense of where the wall will start relative to shore. The west side of each island (in Curaçao it is referred to as the south side) is the side you’ll be looking at for shore dives.
Wherever you end up, enjoy!

Erik

Thanks for all the replies. I'll look things up as they get posted.

Solo is totally essential. I can't enjoy diving in groups any longer. Or even pairs. Maybe a friend. It completely ruins it for me. I wish it wasn't so as it's much easier to just go with a group.
So it goes...

About Tulamben...I assume they just won't rent you some tanks? Or is it some kind of local policy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom