Try technical diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes, carol and archie still own it and are there... if you know them, i'm sure they would enjoy a visit. tell them "stunaep" sent you.

--c

p.s. hot pink, tec! nice! did you finish your trimix? i have to do a couple more dives, too... will be trying to finish them soon.

I do need to visit soon.. Heh, I like the little bird who whispers 'sweet nothings'..
I did my Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures with Doug & Alicia (and Donovan, Stan< the RAF guy>, and Van, if you know them as well).. We had some great dives in Wreck Alley, batch plant, Mohave (the school bus and van wrecks).... Fun stuff!
For my Trimix, my first dive was from the Steves' (the Lake Mead tech guys) boat on the PBY.. Then Wreck Alley again.. and then local stuff in Ca....
I've been itching to dive the B29 though~ :D

Not sure how to even pronounce "stunaep".. lol..

. it gets quite dark down there, and without a support team, a lot can go wrong really fast.

cheers.

--c

He's not kidding about that, lol... That lake can be as dark as the night on the brightest sunny day.. The bottom is also a soft silt so you need to be careful about stirring it up... and the Steves have spent a ton of time running lines down there, so you're never really "lost" as long as you stay on or very near the line.
Not saying that the vis isnt amazing on good days- because it is.....
Great diving there.. I've never encountered currents except on the surface during gusty days (I'm not sure if lakes even have much current in the first place?), but the temps can be pretty chilly.. Gotta love argon :)

Yep, nothing better than a good hit of argon before your dive!! :eyebrow:

Yep, nothing better than a good hit of argon before your dive!! :eyebrow:

Sounds like you need to pack up some of that gear you have and go west young man!
Mead is just minutes from Vegas, so there's a lot to do when you're not diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom