Try Venice again?? 10/9?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Well, I was HOPING to do Blue Spring this Saturday... but if you aren't gonna be there, then there's not much point! :D
I, as well as David and hopefully Becky (in varying teams) will be diving that spring again. Now i know what i am looking for in there and what is there i have a better idea of how to tackle it, not to mention the depth being a little less as the river goes down again!! That dive will come up again one day, but we were looking for no stress, relaxing diving, hence Venice hopefully.

Sunday likely is more workable for me, as I will work on Saturday if I can. However, my shop is 3 doors down from French Ave in Orange City, so I could possibly be talked into a Sat. P.M. dive at Blue Springs if you end up doing Venice on Sunday. Refills can be had locally, so it wouldn't hinder you from making a Sunday dive, either.....

If ya'll are going Sat or Sun what time do you normally get in the water?

Typical time to get there (depending on if you/arent Fgray1 - who has his own schedule :wink: ) is around 9ish. With some chat, rigging up and swimming out i usually hope we can drop by 10 with about 80-100mins of BT and out before lunch. Sometimes we even do two dives. I would like to get there earlier, but getting up before dawn is a pain and of course lots of people who live closer dont seem to like getting there before 9!! I believe Chuck, Becky and myself are all going to be there on saturday, we might however see about a dive at Blue Spring on sunday afternoon to keep up the cavern skills! :wink:

Sunday may have to happen early or not at all, good chance of rain :(

After having some real rain and wind in the last month or so, are you going to let a shower (which can also wash your gear off when you get out) stop you??

Well i can see it being at least myself, Becky, and Chuck on saturday (i have to get in touch with my roommate, see when he gets back this weekend).

Sunday - possible suspects seem to be Jeff, Fred, Dutchfin/Rick and David at the moment.

There are a few notible regulars not accounted for here, but seems to be slightly more swayed to saturday (not for the rain reason either :wink: ) and that works better for me at least, so see you there.

lol. I'm not worried about the rain, but the vis. The winds, though are supposed to be ENE, so that's a plus.

Walter, where have you been hiding? Are you going this weekend?

Fred are you coming to Manatee for the intro class that Pete, Becky and myself (in various combinations/weeks) are hoping to do in the next few weeks? I think Chuck might be up for doing some intro dives whilst we are doing our skills and dives as he hasnt been there before. Not sure what other system(s) we will go to for more of the training, i guess it depends on rivers etc. If i manage to buy a set of 104's in the next week or so i might be out at Denton with Rick getting them set up on 17th after he has done his OW class there, you around for that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom