Trying UK Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conor once bubbled...
Rage,

.....I have all the warm water gear I would need, but would need to get tank, weights, DSMB etc. I could struggle through london with most of the gear by train, but wouldn't like to add a tank to the mix.

Any othe takers ?

You can rent quite a bit of stuff at Wraysbury, probably worth giving them a call.

Cool

I'll try and find a website for them, and then try and get down some Saturday. I think its either Wraysbury or Gildenburgh for me. If anyone wants to joins me then just add a note here.

Sun is shining - want to make bubbles

Conor

Conor

unfortunately my next few weekends are pretty full. I'm doing my rescue course on 9/10 August, I think at Wraysbury, so it would have been great to do some diving before that.

But I'll post to let you know my first impressions of UK diving, and if I defrost in time, maybe dive later in the summer.

Hi all,

I'm back and have a free calendar for probably the next 10 - 14 days, then, I have to go sort out my tan. :)

Conor: Full kit hire is available for hire from Wraysbury. (Suits would depend on your size, they have a rental semis and drys in store). DSMBs etc - you can use mine. Thats the whole point - to have a play and muck about with bits and pieces you don't have.

Dates at the mo are flexible. Weekdays are not a problem. Sing out with your prefered date to get the ball rolling.

S.
=

Let me know if your going in the next 7 days, I would love to get wet (might just be warm enough for my wet suit).
Looks like its £5 to get in and £6 for a tank.
If you need to hire full kit its £35 at wraysbury.
Then im opff to try diving in Jersey (just like diving in the UK but much warmer so they tell me)
Sarah

im up there this saturday assisting with some junior qualifying dives, feel free to say hello if anyones there
also possibly up there next sunday as well, undecided yet :)

If you're going on Saturday 26th, I may be able to make it - about the only day free I have for the next couple of weeks

Sarahboo - apparently the water's not THAT cold :cold: at the moment. I'm thinking of taking my own 3mm wetsuit, and renting a jacket to wear on top - think that would be comfier than a whole suit.

Looks like the water is 21C at the mo at wraysbury so my 5mm will do perfect and I can delay the drysuit bit until after. Unfortunately lack of transport means I can't do weeknights, but how about
26th July
9/10 August
16 August

Or maybe multiples of those ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom