TSA Stupidity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotta love it when the TSA people at PBI x-ray your bag and see something they want that happens to be a gift for someone you are visiting, and use a razor to slice open the package, steal the item, and leave you the empty package with a big slice right in the middle.

they steal check in luggage? in the states?
:confused:

Items confiscated for own use: several years ago a guy returned from a trip to Germany and tried to bring an entire Black Forest Ham through Chicago Customs. Obviously it was confiscated: the passenger was so sure that the Customs guy was going to take it home and eat it that he whipped out his #### and peed on it. He was arrested on several charges, including indecent exposure.

Items confiscated for own use: several years ago a guy returned from a trip to Germany and tried to bring an entire Black Forest Ham through Chicago Customs. Obviously it was confiscated: the passenger was so sure that the Customs guy was going to take it home and eat it that he whipped out his #### and peed on it. He was arrested on several charges, including indecent exposure.
and on that note I am off to bed...

laughing my ass off! Thanks!

they steal check in luggage? in the states?
:confused:

Sure, if you put something valuable (or in my case useful) in your checked bags. They x-ray all the bags, so it makes it easy to pinpoint the valuables and very quick and easy to take what they want. In my case it was a $7 "skin" for an ipod. I deduced that it had to be at my originating airport because my connection was tight and at the destination the bags came out very quickly, there wouldn't have been enough time for them to go through people's bags.

So even if the valves were on (which I don't know they were) could not justify the confiscation of the RB and luggage on the whim of a TSA agent....

Sorry, but you are wrong. No, not on a whim. By the rules provided to TSA to work with by THE US GOVT AND THE AIRLINES. These are not "TSA Rules".

Nope, I saw a guy get his camera confiscated at a TSA checkpoint because he took a picture of his friend passing though the metal detector about a month ago in SeaTac.

That again, is another FEDERAL REGULATION, equally enforceable in Customs Areas.

Items confiscated for own use: several years ago a guy returned from a trip to Germany and tried to bring an entire Black Forest Ham through Chicago Customs.

Another Federal Law being enforced by yet another "uniformed power figure wearing a badge".

Focus your hostility towards the correct direction, people. It isn't the guy in the TSA uniform that you love to hate.

Their rules, provided by the Government and the Airlines (don't leave them out of this) are even dumber than you might describe any agent.

The Govt and Airlines used 9/11 as a moment to conspire to make you into more of a containerized shipping product. They got the Government to pay for more checks and items. They even stopped giving you food in the name of 9/11.

Have a little perspective.

Know the stupid rules... or come here and bitch when you get smacked for violating them.

You're not allowed to bring agricultural products into the United States from a foreign country.

I once had my carry-on catch the attention of the monkey running the x-ray machine and subsequently hand searched because I had a microphone in my bag. Did they think if I sang on the plane it would be torture to the other passengers and crew? That hurt, especially since I didn't even get a chance to audition first.

Gee... a cylindrical tube, with a strong magnet, and a bunch of wires on it... passing through the x-ray. They searched that? :shocked2:

By government and airline rules that TSA must follow, it is considered a restraint device, thus prohibited, much as cable ties or hand cuffs.

Pacific rim countries seem to always confiscate tape, as well.

How exactly is he going to restrain anyone with the duct tape from his checked bag? Crawl into the belly of the plane, get it, crawl back into the cabin and start taping people up?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom