Tubbataha 12-16th April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
yeah me too, never dived with a k diver yet:)

Well considering your track record of standing up overseas PPD'ers like Jim... not sure I want to dive with you Caloy... :wink: j/k!!! Plus I'd probably steal your Inon W/A lens and take your macro lens so I can double mine...

pakman:
Well considering your track record of standing up overseas PPD'ers like Jim... not sure I want to dive with you Caloy... :wink: j/k!!! Plus I'd probably steal your Inon W/A lens and take your macro lens so I can double mine...
you forgot the strobe!!

Mike Veitch:
Pak....why no avatar? your model dump you? must be a diver and saw your coral crashing ways....

nope... just found out she's silicon enhanced... not that Gwen wasn't full figured before going under the knife...

Wolverine:
Ahhh.. but May is too soon.. not that many days of leave left.

that's vacation leaves you refering to.

you could use your sick leave..... so come on down here and then we'll have a doc give you a medical certificate that you could show for your sick leave. we'll talk to a diving doc and issue a medical certificate. .... your choice for the certificate : DCI, embolism, pneumothorax, probably chronic narcosis would do :D

paolov:
that's vacation leaves you refering to.

you could use your sick leave..... so come on down here and then we'll have a doc give you a medical certificate that you could show for your sick leave. we'll talk to a diving doc and issue a medical certificate. .... your choice for the certificate : DCI, embolism, pneumothorax, probably chronic narcosis would do :D

SARS, Yellow fever, Bird Flu would be a winner...

Wolverine:
Overall impression was that diving is good but not great.

That was my take on the diving as well. A decent amount of pelagics, but not a parade. White tips and turtles on the majority of dives. The occasional black tip and dog tooth tuna, as well as small schools of barracuda, jacks, trevally, etc. Highlights of my 20 dives were three mantas, one hammerhead (in the distance), a couple of big marble rays and a huge nurse shark. Those made the trip. Of all the dive sites, Black Rock had the most action by far. Visibility on my trip also ranged from around 40 to 80 feet. OK, but not spectacular. Reef tops were generally in poor condition (lots of coral bleaching, evidence of dynamite fishing, etc.). Walls were in good shape, though almost exclusively hard coral and not very colorful. Similar to diving in the Bahamas. Some of the walls were also heavily silted.

Overall, I still recommend Tubbataha as a dive site. I just don't think it lives up to all of the hype or the price some operators charge for the trip.

Back
Top Bottom