Turks and Caicos Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glimmertwins

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering taking a trip on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor around March. I've been on the Belize Aggressor and had a great time. I've not been to T&C, so would greatly appreciate any input on the diving, visibility, typical depths, walls vs. other, etc. How does it compare to places like Cayman, Belize, Bonaire? Also, what would the surface and water temps be in the early spring? Thanks.

I'm considering taking a trip on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor around March. I've been on the Belize Aggressor and had a great time. I've not been to T&C, so would greatly appreciate any input on the diving, visibility, typical depths, walls vs. other, etc. How does it compare to places like Cayman, Belize, Bonaire? Also, what would the surface and water temps be in the early spring? Thanks.

I did the T&C Agressor 10-day trip in July, 2012 and really enjoyed it! T&C had a lot of the usual critters that Belize and Bonaire does, but it also had reef sharks and lots of them :D. I went back through my logbook and it seems as though my max depth on most dives was between 70 - 90, with 114 being my deepest. Of course, there was a lot of great diving in the 40 - 60 ft range as well. Excellent wall diving and the crew on the T&C aggressor was great. Visibility was mostly in the 75 - 100 ft range.

I was there in July and really didn't write down the water temps, so I can't help you there, but I used a 3mm on every dive and towards the middle of the trip, added in a 1.5mm suit, especially for the afternoon and night dives.

I dove on the Explorer (same trip, we frequently saw the Aggressor on the next mooring) the last week of May in a t-shirt/boardshorts. But I'm really never cold even when others comment on it. Did all the dives including night and sunrise. My buddy dove all week in his 3mil.

You'll have to go later though, all of March the Aggressor does snorkel only trips to Puerta Plata (Silver Banks) to see Humpbacks. They don't start back in T/C till April 6th.
The itinerary April through December departs from Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands.
This isn't my trip report but it will give you some idea of what to expect. We saw everything (at least a dozen sharks and lots of Stingrays) except the dolphins. Saudio's Trip Reports

keep in mind that the T&C Aggressor repositions the boat in Late Jan thru Late Mar to Puerto Plata for whale trips...those are snorkel only trips....but the crew is one of the best in the Aggressor fleet and the diving is great as well....

oops didn't see your post diversteve...didn't mean to sound like a copycat ;-p

I have dived both t&c and cayman aggressors. Alas I don't know Belize. Bonaire would be shore diving, so a completely different experience.

both these aggressors were fantastic trips. Captain Amanda and her team on t&c were especially good. Very similar trips really. Major differences:

wall dives are even better in cayman
in t&c you get lots of reef sharks
coastal shelf is about 6m in Cayman but quite a bit deeper in t&c. Nearer 20 m in some places. So the dives tend to be a bit shorter

hope this is helpful

john

I went on the T&C Aggressor in May 2011. The boat is good but the real crowning point was the excellent crew, easily the best of my 15 liveaboard trips to date. Turks & Caicos diving was top notch with excellent visibility at that time of the year, very little current (except just one site), fantastic night dives (Rock & Roll reef was the best night dive ever!) and absolutely loads of sharks. We saw over 100 in the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom