Turks & Caicos Explorer II Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted to re-read the original post again since in two weeks we will be doing the same liveaboard! I can't wait. I think I would have spoken up to the chef or captain about the teens. The staff should be the ones to address the problem, not someone who on vacation. Shame on the parents, but they just might not have been aware that there was a problem. The chef could and should have made more if someone on the liveaboard wanted a snack.

But it sounds like a great trip! Thanks so much for posting.

I agree with JoyfulNoise, if somebody is having a problem, especcially on a Liveaboard,
it should be brought to the attention of the Captain/ Crew. It is their job to deal with it in a professional manner and find a solution. If one does not address a problem, it should not be brought up later. The crew will not intefere as long as you make them believe you're happy.

Joyful and Bianca, I understand your position about alerting the crew but we just differ on this one. The parents were right there seeing what was going on and were oblivious that their kids should have behaved differently. If the kids were behaving that way out of sight of their parents I would have spoken directly to them.

It's important to note though that while the kids' behavior was annoying it didn't ruin our trip, merely detracted from it. We're easy going and we just adjust and go on down the road. It was a great trip all and all and would do it again even with the bratty kids aboard. (but would prefer it without them)

Great report! Was on T&C 2 in August, my first liveaboard. We also had teens on the trip, great kids & fun to have with us! I'm 69 & there was another diver on board that is 80, so we had a wide range of ages in the group. I didn't know any of the 16 other divers, but we all got along very well & I felt very much at home. The crew was fantastic! Can't wait to do it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom