Tusa Imprex Pro VS SP Night Hawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DTB1981

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking for a new BC and have gotten down to these two. The guys at the LDS say go with the Imprex pro. Both have the alternate air on them but I can get it without for $40 less. But it seems like a good deal to get it now for 40 then later for 120. The only differance I can see is the Imprex has 10 D-rings and the Night Hawk has 4. I dont know what I would do with the extra ones. They have a demo of the Imprex in my size I am going to use next weekend. But they dont have one of the night hawk right now. They say they will have one in a week or two. I have heard alot of good reviews on the Night hawk in here but not to much on the Imprex pro. The pro they have is the 5950 so it has the clip in weight pockets. Has any one tried them both?

First of all, and just to get it out of the way; get a BP/W. I don't dive one, but someone was going to say it sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong, when I step up to doubles I will be getting a BP/W set up. I'm not bashing them, I'm just wanted to get the inevitable out of the way.

Any way, if those two BC's are your only choices, I would recommend the SP Night Hawk. I dive a Zeagle Ranger (and recommend it very highly), so I am not being biased here. I can't imagine what you would do with 10 "D" rings except impress some of your non-diving friends with how cool your BC looks. Also, doesn't the Imprex Pro have a bungee'd bladder. There are a fair amount of SB members who would warn you away from a bungee'd bladder. Of course these members also only wear slip-on shoe to avoid the entanglement hazard that shoe laces pose.

I think you will find that the SP will be a higher quality BC, and more versatile too. Your LDS may be recommending one over the other simply because the profit margin is higher on the Tusa.

However, you should try them both and pick the one that works best for you.

I demoed both, and went with the Tusa. It was much more comfortable out of the water, this is important considering most of my dives are from the shore. Some have a long hike to the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom