TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) - Nov. 25 - Dec. 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Want to travel??? Upcoming 2019 vacation trips:

• Easter Island - January 5-13 (CONFIRMED - 6 PEOPLE SO FAR - GROUP LIMITED TO 10)
• Yap Immersion - March 11-24 (who wants to see some mantas???)
• Bonaire - Mid-May (exact dates TBA)
• Indonesia - July 6-19 (Murex in Manado - TENTATIVE DATES)
• Whale Shark congregation at Isla Mujeres - August
• Maldives - October 12-25 (CONFIRMED - NOW TAKING DEPOSITS - ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT)
• Sea of Cortez (Cabo Pulmo) - December 5-10 (SOLD OUT!!!)

GET MORE INFO ON ALL OF OUR VACATION TRIPS HERE: http://www.reefseekers.com/foreign_trips.html
———————————————————————
Upcoming local dives & classes:

• Sat., Dec. 1 - Redondo - Navigation Dive (FREE!!)
• Sat., Dec. 8 - Avalon Underwater Park ($150 - three dives) Catalina Express
• Thu., Dec. 13 - Redondo - Squid Night Dive (FREE!!)
• Thu., Dec. 20 - CLASS - Fish ID (Reef Seekers Westwood - $25)
• Thu., Jan. 17 - Redondo - Squid Dive (FREE!!)
• Wed., Jan. 23 - CLASS - Photo Workshop ($25)
• Sat., Jan. 26 - Avalon Underwater Park ($150 - three dives) Catalina Express

To sign up for any of these dives, either call us at 310/652-4990 or e-mail us at kenkurtis@aol.com
———————————————————————

Are you recovered from your turkey hangover yet???

SOMETHING ELSE TO BE THANKFUL FOR - This will be relatively short.

ALSO BE THANKFUL - That you weren't driving north on the 5 this afternoon around 4:30PM. We came back from Clovis (north of Fresno) and when we hit Santa Clarita, the NB-5 looked like a packed parking lot. When I got home I checked MapQuest which said that the 34-mile drive from Westwood to Lake Hughes Road, normally a 35-minute-ish jaunt, was going to take a shade over two hours. Yikes!

I ALSO FOUND FALL - One of the "complaints" about living in SoCal is that we don't really get seasons. Not so in Clovis and NorCal (although I guess they qualify as Central Cal) as you can see from the trees I saw.
TGV_9155(LR6).jpg
TGV_9159(LR6).jpg

2019 SKED - I've started putting together the scheduled for our 2019 offerings of local trips and classes. It'll be pretty similar to what we've done in the past with Avalon day trips to the UW Park (3 dives), single- tank Redondo dives (both day and night), and some classes, including the brand-new (and FREE) "Tables & Computers" which is designed to help you better understand the deco info you're getting. I'll have a full printable version of the schedule for you in the January newsletter. In the meantime, I've listed January dates above, as well as you can see most of the sked on our website.

YAP IS A "GO" FOR MARCH - I've got to firm up the dates and our rooms with Manta Ray Bay but we're going March 11-24 and this will be another one of our popular "Yap Immersion" versions, which includes around 25 dives, workshops, local culture, and loads of fun. I'll give you full details in the December newsletter, which you'll get next Saturday.

MAPPING CORALS FROM SPACE - Interesting article in National Geographic about a plan to create detailed high-resolution maps of every coral reef on the planet, using satellite imagery and highly-sophisticated computers. Thanks to Alan Wald, here's the link:https://www.nationalgeographic.com/…/news-allen-coral-atla…/ . And if you'd like to learn even more, here's the link to the project itself: http://allencoralatlas.org/#1.49/0/0 .

And that'll do it for now. (I told you it'd be short.) Have a great week and let's go diving soon!!!

- Ken

Back
Top Bottom