Twin 50s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budprop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, so I have not dove for quite a while, and now that I am in Hawaii I want to get back into it. Back in the 90s when I was diving with my cousin I usually used his twin 50 setup while he used his HP80. I was a huge fan and loved the balance and trim. I am wanting to create that setup and picked up some AL 50 cuft tanks and I have the double manifold. What I don't know is what now. I have my old U.S. Divers BCD that came with the ABS, very nice and works great, but I don't know what I need to mount the twin 50 tanks to it. I also have a scubapro backpack. Should I try and find a wing and go that direction? I am not wanting to blow a huge pile of $ on this project. Thanks

You'll need a set of bands with the curved inner section that mates with the tank recess in the BC's cam pack - on both the USD and Scubapro BCs. That was the standard then before the backplate and wing became the norm.

download

http://www.scubaboard.com/community/media/double-72s.174671/download

These are a set of doubles bands made for a plastic back back. The center piece of metal fits into the rounded cutout in the pack.

Bob

20160516_234855.jpg

You know these are what you really want. I can ship.

I bought a set of twin 50s and separated them to use for sidemount...I like them.

There is a set of twin 50s on Kwaj; if the OP is interested I can see if they are still available and how much?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom