Twin Jet Pin Removal Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, it is a good instruction with the visual aids... I like it... Seriously....:D

Poseidon8118:
My bad...I thought they were original Jets...I did a set of twins for a friend of mine, but I had to ruin the buckle to get them off. I'll have to find a post that asks the same question about Jet Fins now...LOL

Poseidon8118:
My bad...I thought they were original Jets...I did a set of twins for a friend of mine, but I had to ruin the buckle to get them off. I'll have to find a post that asks the same question about Jet Fins now...LOL

Hmmmm, now I'm confused...there is no buckle on the Twin Jets...

Bayou Platypus:
Hmmmm, now I'm confused...there is no buckle on the Twin Jets...

Your right the full foot fins don't, but the adjustable Twin Jets have a "Quick-connect swivel buckle" that can be taken off and springs installed...but you have to destroy the plastic buckle to do it (at least I did). I think you're confused because my post was about installing spring straps not just removing the old straps on the twins. I did move the post to the correct thread.

The pictures below will show you two options on how to install spring straps on Scubapro's Quick-connect swivel buckles (Twin Jets)...the first way is to install the strap on the buckle and the second is to remove the buckle...my friend picked the one without the buckle installed, because it was a tighter fit.

This fin uses the same quick-connect swivel buckles as the twins:

Poseidon8118:
Your right the full foot fins don't, but the adjustable Twin Jets have a "Quick-connect swivel buckle" that can be taken off and springs installed...but you have to destroy the plastic buckle to do it (at least I did). I think you're confused because my post was about installing spring straps not just removing the old straps on the twins. I did move the post to the correct thread.

The pictures below will show you two options on how to install spring straps on Scubapro's Quick-connect swivel buckles (Twin Jets)...the first way is to install the strap on the buckle and the second is to remove the buckle...my friend picked the one without the buckle installed, because it was a tighter fit.

This fin uses the same quick-connect swivel buckles as the twins:

My open-heel Twin Jets don't look like either photo...

Trying to determine the best way to remove the pin (without destroying the fins)...after that, I know how to install the spring straps. Thanks.

Bayou Platypus:
My open-heel Twin Jets don't look like either photo...

The buckles should be the same as far as mounting goes, their both Scubapro's Quick-connect buckles.

You can drill them out...

The Scubapro Twin Speeds buckle looks to be much different than the Twin Jets buckle. The Twin Jets buckle is the same as I listed above, but the Twin Speed is different. I don't know how to take off the Twin Speeds buckle...

Twin Jet:----------------------Twin Speed:

Poseidon8118:
The buckles should be the same as far as mounting goes, their both Scubapro's Quick-connect swivel buckles.

You can drill them out...

OK, thanks...now getting back to the question: Could those pins be re-installed if necessary...or if you remove the pin, will it damage them making them unusable? Obviously if you drill them out--they are unusable...if you pull them out with pliers, can you re-use them?

This question relates to the Scubapro Twin Jets (not the Twin Speeds).

Again, I understand how to install/mount the spring straps once the pin is removed.

Thanks.

I was only able to save the original Jet buckles but my buddies Twins were a different story...but as melfox26 said earlier...he did it...it took a little time but he finessed the pins out.

I don't think you can pull out the pin without any damages. Even though you can, it might be very week after reinstalling it. It can be possible, but not feasible. The pin isn't screw design so that you need put the new pin each time. I am not sure if you can get the pin seperately from SP. The warranty and repair service for the FIN used to be the replacement base, not repair one.

hoosier:
I don't think you can pull out the pin without any damages. Even though you can, it might be very week after reinstalling it. It can be possible, but not feasible. The pin isn't screw design so that you need put the new pin each time. I am not sure if you can get the pin seperately from SP. The warranty and repair service for the FIN used to be the replacement base, not repair one.

Thanks!

I'm selling my Twin Jets in order to get a new pair of Jet fins for use in the pool and warm water. Since I don't want to sell my spring straps, I took them off and put on the original fin straps that I took off back when this thread started.

I simply lined up the holes on the fin buckle with the holes in the fin. Used a Phillips screwdriver to push the pin through until it popped back into place on the other side of the buckle. Easy, fast, and painless. It looks to be as well put on as they were when I got them brand new.

The Twin Jet buckle and the Jet Fin buckle are different. I must interject that I was not able to remove the Jet Fin buckle without breaking it, but considering that I'll never use another fin other than my Jets w/ spring straps, I don't need the buckle.

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom