Twin jets or Apollos??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you need to get over the positive and negatively bouyant thing, go measure the fins sometime.

yes, Apollo's are negative, according to my scale they are a whole 6 oz negative per pair. Give me a break, your booties are more positive each!

now if you add those stainless spring straps they become really negative, but then pretty much any fin will, I am not sure by how much as I don't have any.

if you have floaty feet you have a much bigger issue of trim, take a look at where your weight is distributed about your body, move your tank in your BC or even try a different tank, try a weighted tank boot, try an old fashioned weight belt that sets lower than your integrated weights. 6oz on your fins is not the solution to not fixing the real source of the issue

I will have to disagree with your statements.... at least in my situation.... trim is not the issue! I've been diving over 22 years and have helped many newbies trim out and work on their bouyancy skills as a group leader.

With my atomics and my 5mm boots, my feet will float up ever so slightly when I'm not moving. Never even noticed it until I started concentrating on supermacro shots. Now, when simply cruising underwater this is not a problem. However if you have ever tried shooting with a supermacro lens, even the slightest movement of your feet will throw your focus out of whack.

Some colors on the twin jets are positive. I own a pair of yellow twin jets and they are positive, even with spring straps. I don't know about the white ones, have never seen them in white. But they would be great to set the white balance on my camera.

Some colors on the twin jets are positive. I own a pair of yellow twin jets and they are positive, even with spring straps. I don't know about the white ones, have never seen them in white. But they would be great to set the white balance on my camera.

How do you like them? Have you used any other split fins for comparison?

I love them, they are not made for speed but very soft and comfortable. The only thing I don't like is the foot pocket is too small for drysuit boots. I also have a pair of Tusa Expert zooms that I only use now with the drysuit. I used to get cramps in calfs with paddle fins. These are the 6th pair of fins I have owned. Also all my dive buddies, and students love the color, said it easy to spot me.

Back
Top Bottom