Twin Lakes conditions / Compressor Problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JWU42

Reaction score
Was looking to head down for a few dives early Sunday morning. ANyone know what viz has been like recently?

Also, someone had metioned not getting fills there - oil contamination was mentioned. Trying to determine to bring 2 tanks or just 1 and fill it there.

TIA,

Jeff

Two sundays ago I had my tanks filled there and the one I used was fine. The vis was about 15ft. Even had a perch try to take my little finger off!

We were there last Sunday and there wasn't a problem with the compressor. Don't know where the oil contamination rumor came from but Mike is meticulous about that compressor!

There are times when air isn't available, though. As some of you might not know, Mike's son was in a car accident and is now a parapalegic. There are times when Mike is with him and just isn't available to pump air and he's very picky about who has access to the compressor. If Beast and/or I are there we can pump air for you. So can TPH if he's there.

We always take at least one full tank with us just in case Mike's not there and the air shed is locked and we can't get in.

Was there last Sunday afternoon. Hardly any divers and just a few swimmers. Vis had improved from last week. Varied from 5' to 10'.

I was there Sunday morning and ended up on the East end. The Vis. was around 10'-15' around the shore and near top. But around 25' the was murky. Ended up finding a mask and snorkel and a few gold balls. There were a few nice size Bass in the bus but my light flooded so I wasn't able to see into the bus very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom