Twin lakes this w-end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone going to get wet at Twin lakes this w-end? Would like to make a dive or two on Sunday. Drop a note if anyone is interested.

atlas750:
Anyone going to get wet at Twin lakes this w-end? Would like to make a dive or two on Sunday. Drop a note if anyone is interested.

Sounds good, do you know what the water temp is now?

So I heard a nasty rumour about 3 weeks ago that Twin Lakes had a health warning because of E. Coli in the water. This didn't come as too much of a surprise to me because when I was there 2 or so months ago, it smelled of fecal matter all around the lake. About 3 days after I dived there, I got sick and was down for a month - I thought I had the flu or something, but after hearing about the E. Coli thing, I figured it was the lake.

Anyone else heard this or experienced similar signs/symptoms after diving there?

hydro12:
So I heard a nasty rumour about 3 weeks ago that Twin Lakes had a health warning because of E. Coli in the water. This didn't come as too much of a surprise to me because when I was there 2 or so months ago, it smelled of fecal matter all around the lake. About 3 days after I dived there, I got sick and was down for a month - I thought I had the flu or something, but after hearing about the E. Coli thing, I figured it was the lake.

Anyone else heard this or experienced similar signs/symptoms after diving there?

Mike the owner of Twin Lakes called the shop and said his test results came back ok..For those who are still gun shy, there is Lost lake in the same area which is a option.

Dave

I think I'll give it another week if there is a poss e. coli issue. Having dental surgery on 1/2/07 and cannot afford to be sick and miss it

atlas750:
I think I'll give it another week if there is a poss e. coli issue. Having dental surgery on 1/2/07 and cannot afford to be sick and miss it

SMART DUDE!

Regards,

atlas750:

Cool, and the chances of rain on Sun are 100%.

Does anyone know if the water at Lost Lake has ever been tested? The livestock corral at the waters edge and the run-off from it has always concerned me, especially since the 2 times i dived there I got sick both times. Could have been coinsidence but they owners/managers of Lost Lake have never been concerned. I would just be curious if they bothered to test the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom