Twin Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eeg0323

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Having moved into a new house on the north side in June, I have been busy and not able to make it to TL this season. However I have noticed a marked decrease in post from the normal TL crowd. Are the Southern contingent busy? Where are you folk? What is the condition of the lake?
I will be going to Cozumel for 5 days next Monday, but maybe after that I can start making Sundays for the rest of the season.

I'm out til september due to two broken ribs.

I didn't know broken ribs were a reason to stop diving. I have broken several ribs and pretty much did every I normally did after a week or so. it would hurt like hell. But do the pressure make them hurt worse? Or could the pressure move the rib and cause more damage?

We've had some other things interferring with our dive time this summer but we haven't been going to the lake as much as last summer. One reason is the swimmers. And with 200+ dives in that lake, we're finally getting a bit bored with it.

Despite many efforts, the Southern Swampers just haven't managed to get together. No shows and no responses to organize seem to be the main reasons.

MichaelBaranows:
I didn't know broken ribs were a reason to stop diving. I have broken several ribs and pretty much did every I normally did after a week or so. it would hurt like hell. But do the pressure make them hurt worse? Or could the pressure move the rib and cause more damage?

The problem is that they are broke clean through and I could feel them move. The risk is puncturing a lung from moving wrong. So it is safer for me not to dive for about 8 weeks from july 7.

That makes sense to me. Last time I broke my ribs was about 2 years ago snowboard on the first day of the trip. I had trouble getting out of a chair for the next two days. I ended up sking the rest of week. I ribs ended up hurting for several months and now there are big knots where the break was. So I guess I should have went to the DR.

So you playing it safe is very smart.

jstuart1:
The problem is that they are broke clean through and I could feel them move. The risk is puncturing a lung from moving wrong. So it is safer for me not to dive for about 8 weeks from july 7.

How exactly did you break your ribs? :xeye:

I fell on the dive boat the first night out (FG trip). Aparently I cracked them then but when I went on the second dive (next day) the waves were up and I was jerked around really bad on the ladder line. Ranther than yank my shoulder out, it completed the break of my ribs.

Dee:
We've had some other things interferring with our dive time this summer but we haven't been going to the lake as much as last summer. One reason is the swimmers. And with 200+ dives in that lake, we're finally getting a bit bored with it.

Despite many efforts, the Southern Swampers just haven't managed to get together. No shows and no responses to organize seem to be the main reasons.

Hi Dee and the rest of the gang.

I think of you all often and hope I can meet up with you again at TL.
I am finally at a point where I can start diving again. I'll be watching
the post or please email me when your going to be at TL again for
a dive. Hope everyone is doing well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom