Twin Valve instead of H-Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These ones are awesome, as a former tank monkey I can say that I hate normal Y valves with a passion.
Even worse, they made a handle to carry y valve tanks and the pos just rotates in your hand and digs the valves into your wrists while simultaneously hitting your shins with the bottom of the tank.

. . . are you using those tanks in a cold water scenario?

Just curious.

-Z

Cold water -- in the event of a first stage freezing and free flowing.

The tanks with H-valves are basically left over from the gradual transition between getting certified to dive to go on on a warm water vacation and eventually deciding that diving locally in 40F degree water also sounded like fun. It's not going to matter that much -- I'll probably be using doubles for just about everything local this summer. However, I had noticed last year when I used the H-valves with the single tank adapter on my backplate I had a hard time trying to reach the valve on the right post behind my head, which sort of destroys the point of having the H-valve. I was looking for a dual outlet valve that might be easier to reach if I used the big singles with the single tank adapter.

It's always something. I could just double the LP 108s too, I suppose, but lifting those into the car would be no fun and I don't really need more doubles at this point. (Famous last words that usually lead to an unexpected purchase of more random LP steel tanks.)

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom