Two Noobs Report on Bonaire...In Detail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I've read, that's the exception rather than the rule but I have my fingers crossed that I see, or better yet, get a pic of one.

You just have to keep your eyes open. Granted they are not there in great numbers but you might get lucky....now you want to see sharks every dive go to Nassau or San Salvador but I would rather have the easy shore dives and relaxing time in Bonaire than the schedule of boats.:D

We will find each other Bob, I suspect we will be at the same dive orientation. If you want to see sharks, you need to come to the NC coast, close up and presonal encounters (but not dangerous) with our sand tigers is very common.

Yeah, not many sharks. You'd have a better chance on the East Side (nurse, black tip, etc.) However, on bonairetalk a diver saw a true manta (with pic) on Torrie's Reef during some poor vis just a couple of weeks ago. That makes several sightings of mantas or devil rays in the last couple of months. Hope I can get so lucky.

Going to Bonaire in a week, June 6th-13th. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Deputy Dan and myself saw one at the Lake in April. Buzzed us in 30 ft of water. Figures I did not have my camera on that dive.

:shocked2: Herman w/o a camera?

Isn't that always the way it is (if it's me), or what they always say (if it's someone else!)? :D

8 weeks til we get to return to Bonaire. :depressed: seems way too long.
BUT, on the other hand, in 8 weeks we'll be on Bonaire again!:)

We will find each other Bob, I suspect we will be at the same dive orientation. If you want to see sharks, you need to come to the NC coast, close up and presonal encounters (but not dangerous) with our sand tigers is very common.

That is on my to do list. I also want to see some of the wrecks of the NC coast, especially the U-boat. It's a long drive for me but it is drivable from west Kentucky. One of the LDSs is planning a trip to NC later in the year but I'm not sure if the budget will allow me to make that trip after the expense of the Bonaire trip.

I hereby confirm that Herman and I saw a Manta Ray at the Lakes dive site the last week of April 2009 and that Herman chose to leave the camera at the room that morning!

Way to go, Herman!

About Edens Rubble:
Don't sell this site short. There is a ton of life in the rock formation on the slope from the dock, down to the wreck. You just have to stop and look.

Back
Top Bottom