Two Noobs Report on Bonaire...In Detail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there July 11-19. We're staying at the Sand Dollar.

We will be at Den Laman the same week. Are you flying down on the Cont flight out of NJ? If so, we will be on the same plane. We will be using the same dive op and dock. I will be very easy to pick out, a lot of the time I will be diving an old double hose reg with yellow hoses.

The fish in on the progie family, a white porgie I think but don't have my books handy.

I agree with kukuisa, I believe it is a saucereye porgy.

Porgies are characterized by a large, sloping forehead, as seen in the photo. The two common to Bonaire are the Saucereye, and Jolthead Porgy. The Saucereye has a blue ring below the eye. The Jolthead has a a nose dimple below the eye. They are slightly uncommon to Bonaire, and are only reported about 12-18% of dives according to reefnet statistics.

We will be at Den Laman the same week. Are you flying down on the Cont flight out of NJ? If so, we will be on the same plane. We will be using the same dive op and dock. I will be very easy to pick out, a lot of the time I will be diving an old double hose reg with yellow hoses.

No, I'm flying down on the 11th on Cont. from Louisville KY through Houston to Bonaire but I am coming home on the 19th through NJ and then back to Lousville also on Cont. We'll be on the same return flight.

Cool, drop by and say hello. Our group will be easy to pick out, one of our group is just shy of 7ft- he kinda stands out in a crowd. :). We will most likely be in the same dive orientation.

Don't let Herman kid you; it's hard to miss him too! :D
ScubaBonaire_08_003b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom