Two Perdix computers? No problem. DIY mount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting idea, but I prefer to carry my Shearwaters separately, one on each wrist. (Thanks to Cave Adventurers for assembling the units.)

View attachment 706935
Got any more pictures of this?
Am i right in thinking you can flip up the Perdix and write on the top slate 1.
Im a lefty , always wearing my computer and slate on the right. This might be nice to try.

Got any more pictures of this?
Am i right in thinking you can flip up the Perdix and write on the top slate 1.
Im a lefty , always wearing my computer and slate on the right. This might be nice to try.
I just took a few pics. Here y'go...

2022-02-13 20.24.27.jpg

2022-02-13 20.24.37.jpg

This particular computer is my right-wrist unit. It has no pencil because (a) I'm a righty and (b) I lost the pencil, but when I have a pencil, it stows very nicely under the thin shock cord at bottom.

That huge stiff board looks very uncomfortable
Looks like OP is using very thick side wall PVC pipe, like schedule 40 or 80
Up in Canada we have sewer pipe PVC which is a lot thinner wall, about 1/8". That's what I make mine with... and can be warmed up and shaped if you wanted..

Actually it's extremely comfortable, being all in one,
only problem could be if someone had short arms,

I just took a few pics. Here y'go...

View attachment 706943
View attachment 706944

This particular computer is my right-wrist unit. It has no pencil because (a) I'm a righty and (b) I lost the pencil, but when I have a pencil, it stows very nicely under the thin shock cord at bottom.
How the top of the Perdix us mounted to the slate? Can you please take closer shot of the top so I can see how and where it is mounted?

How the top of the Perdix us mounted to the slate? Can you please take closer shot of the top so I can see how and where it is mounted?
The Perdix is attached with bungee at top. The slate's layer-binding bungee routes through the Perdix's round holes.
2022-02-21 14.57.18.jpg
2022-02-21 14.54.11.jpg

The Perdix is attached with zip-ties at the bottom. The ties pass through two custom-drilled holes that match up with the Perdix's round holes.
2022-02-21 14.53.59.jpg

Interesting idea, but I prefer to carry my Shearwaters separately, one on each wrist. (Thanks to Cave Adventurers for assembling the units.)

View attachment 706935
I’ve been contemplating this too to save arm real estate. I see you burned some holes for the bungee in the bottom of the EZcut sheath. Did you have issues with just running the wrist straps through the sheath Like a piece of webbing?

The other question is did you cut off the plastic pencil holder and replace it with bungee loops?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom