Type I Bends Hit in Chuuk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nippo Maru Wreck, max 47m/157'; planned average 42m/140' for Bottom Time 35min using RD 1:1, setpoint reference at 45m/150' (i.e. 30min deco time required plus the usual prior deep stops), with eanx50 and Oxygen for deco gases, air for bottom mix. Noticed slight spasms/tweaks at both shoulder joints and lower legs on ascent from 6m/20'; normal not-too- strenuous deco bottle manipulation performed (i.e. exchanging and hip-clipping the AL80 eanx50 bottle for the AL63 Oxygen bottle). Usual fatigue experienced post-dive hours later --no overt pain symptoms (so far so good. . . :wink: )

No residual neuro or musculoskeletal deficits/weakness noted in the left shoulder. An occasional ache after several repetitive deep air dives without utilizing hyperoxic deco gases, but always resolves after a full night's surface interval/sleep.

Only now and finally --has DAN and its insurance underwriters reimbursed the monies owed the Chuuk Chamber and the parent company in Australia for my table 6 HBOT, after much email & snail-mail correspondence back & forth over a year's time, wrangling about whether DAN or my primary health insurance carrier from work being responsible for the claim. (The Australian hyperbaric company being a foreign health care provider might have something to do with it --my primary health insurance immediately covered the claim from Queen's Medical Center ER, and Kuakini Medical Center Hyperbaric Chamber in Honolulu)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom