Typical Dive Computer Life Cycle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99:
Do you mean battery life, or time to actual failure of the computer?

If you mean average service life, as in how long they are functional, that seems pretty pessimistic to me.

Is this actually the sort of failure rates seen with Oceanic computers?

My only data points are my Data Plus and Data Plus 2 computers that are still going strong after 8 years and about 500 dives; and some Oceanic Prodigy computers that were used by someone as part of the rental gear on his boat. After almost daily use for several years, the only failures were a couple of units that had missing LCD segments.

No, not meaning battery life NOR using statistics on Oceanic or any other brands failures.

Just observation, many divers don't rinse their gear well and storage corrosion kills The product earlier than if well taken care of. Proper care and storage will allow most to last over a decade. I don't see proper care and storage as being the norm however...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom