U/w camera after each dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
Hijack! How much gear can you get in the 1520 case. I just got one, and if I remove the handles I can get the housing and a strobe in the case, not much else. Or I could go with the housing and my 8" dome port, not much else.

I have a larger case, I'd have to look at the model. I like the 1520 because I can get in it a duffel without issues. Downside, no way can it fit the housing, ports, and strobes.
[hijack]
Ron... Last time I traveled... I put my strobes, arms, dome port, michelle's camera setup (s70 housing, tray, strobe), trays, video camera, and video housing, etc. in a pelican 1620. Then I took the arms off of my housing, and wrapped it in a sweatshirt, and put that in my carry on - along with my camera body and lenses.
Security heavily checked me, since I had a clear acrylic box with metal, and electrical circutry involved, but it wasn't that much of a hassle.

Essentially, I carried on the most expensive part of my gear, (housing, camera, and lenses) since the airlines aren't liable for that much money in lost luggage.
[/hijack]

howarde:
I also press all of the buttons, and slide anything slide-able. This is because if you notice, water can accumulate behind the buttons. Even though they are air tight, the buttons are most often spring actuated, and leave room for water buildup behind them... especially so with the ikelite housings (that I've seen) - pushing the buttons a few times, purges the salt from behind the buttons - otherwise, you'd find that you can have salt residue around your buttons.
==============================

Understood ...and thanks for that. Makes sense.

I'm going to make a point of doing that from now on.

'Slogger

I wrap my camera in a damp hand towel (there's a reason for getting it damp, but it escapes me now) and put it in a soft sided, portable cooler. My sea & sea rig has an external sync cord so I also carry a travel soapdish in the cooler to put it in, both work very well.

it is compact enough that once it is put away, it can be stored under the seat on the boat easily. We carry our scuba gear to the boat in mesh bags, folding them and putting them under the soft cooler helps stablize it and gives it extra cusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom